Cabinet Overhaul for ALS

Ideas 11.04.15

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
My husband and I committed to overhauling a piece of furniture to be auctioned off for the ALS Association. Henry, the husband, controls the power tools, while I work on the design and finishing work. You can take a look at more of the process on my blog by following the link below.
  • The before. A 30.00 cabinet from Goodwill.
  • The finished product.
  • Stained top with a wax finish
  • We cut out the inlays and replaced it with chicken wire.
  • Cute feet are fence post toppers...2.50 each!

To see more:

• Kelly Clark
    Kelly Clark Grandview, TN
    Love it!! Very pretty!!
  • Elizabeth Dion
    Elizabeth Dion Danville, VA
    What an outstanding makeover! I love the colors you chose and the chicken wire was a perfect choice. You have a great eye for detail and a very creative mind.
  • Jean Adams
    Jean Adams Arlington, TX
    When someone in my community put out an old sofa, I "rescued" the beautiful bun feet by simply unscrewing them and saving them for just such a project. You COULD buy them if you had to.
  • Vibiki
    Vibiki Martinsburg, WV
    WOW that thing was U-G-L-Y before...LOL...Can't believe it's the same piece. Great job & now it can be used in any room of the house :)
  • Clbensch
    clbensch Swanton, OH
    What a fabulous transformation. Beautiful.
The Lovely Residence

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post