How to clean and disinfect the microwave with just vinegar and water.

make it shine 06.20.15
5 easy step to clean and disinfect your microwave with just vinegar and water.

Things You'll Need

Microwave safe bowl ( I used a large glass measuring cup)

Sponge

Paper towels

1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar

1 cup of water

http://athomewithmechristine.blogspot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/athomewithmechristi...

Time: 5 Minutes Difficulty: Easy
  • 1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar
  • 1 cup of water
  • Step 1: Pour vinegar and water into a microwave safe measuring cup or bowl.
  • Step 2: Place measuring cup or bowl in the microwave and heat it until boiling; this will vary by microwave. Its best to keep a close eye on it as it begins to boil. Over boiling may cause excess steam to build up causing the microwav
  • Step 3: Allow the measuring cup or bowl to remain in the microwave for approximately five minutes so that the steam can accumulate inside the oven.
  • Step 4: Carefully open and remove the measuring cup or bowl .Wipe the inside of the microwave clean with a damp sponge. For stubborn stains dipping your sponge in the remaining vinegar and water mixture (careful not to burn yourself )
  • Step 5: Dry with a paper towel
  • Move Masters
    Move Masters Newport Beach, CA
    Quick and easy way to clean a microwave using only water,vinegar! Vinegar are effective household cleanser and works very well forkilling most mold, bacteria, and germs, due to its level of acidity. The mostimportant fact of vinegar is that it is
  • Dbdoeschem
    Dbdoeschem Pullman, WA
    You can also spray down the inside of the micro with the vinegar water mixture and the run the microwave for 1 minute. Most of the hard crunchies soften and wipe right off. A customer exploded orange chicken in his microwave and this was the easiest way
  • Nancy Hatcher
    Nancy Hatcher Republic, MO
    I tried the vinegar trick when my sweet hubby burnt a bag of popcorn...severely burnt. I think I added to much vinegar because now it smells like burnt vinegar popcorn. Any ideas?? Help!!
  • Glad E Olah
    Glad E Olah Jackson, MO
    Thank you!

Going to give this a try today!

• Linda Scoville
    Linda Scoville Stanton, MO
    When I wash my towels and microfiber dish mats I use vinegar in the softener dispencer of my washing machine and add an extra rinse. My towels come out of the dryer soft, fluffy, with no vinegar smell and they are super absorbent, unlike when using
Christina Falcon