How to clean and disinfect the microwave with just vinegar and water. | Hometalk
  • Lynn Gentile Prehm
    Lynn Gentile Prehm Plainfield, IL

I disinfect my sponges and do this in one swoop. Take the kitchen sponge - pour vinegar on it - place in microwave for 2 minutes - be careful takeing it out then wipe microwave with paper towel - and your sponge is disinfected too!

• Sandie
    Sandie Harvard, IL

You can also. Use vinegar to clean toilets and take hard water spots off fish tank plants.and if tanks is bad empty and soak with vinegar and water overnight, also great for if you have pans that were overcooked

• Gabrielle Falk
    Gabrielle Falk Australia

I put half or a whole lemon, sliced, into a microwave resistant bowl, then 'nuke' on high for about 10 minutes. To get rid of any lingering smell. Some foods just leave an odour. No smell after lemon and water. If you don't have a lemon, you can use

• Gabrielle Falk
      Gabrielle Falk Australia

Yep. Or you put in for 10 minutes. But I do 20. No problem at all. Because the dishcloth is cotton, and not a foam pad, its perfectly OK.

• Rebecca Marsh
    Rebecca Marsh Chesterfield, SC

But always remember that vinegar attracts gnats! Cleaned a mirror with vinegar and water- in a few hours , the mirror was covered with the little pests!

• Janice Wright Collier

great way to catch gnats is to put apple-cider vinegar in a coffee mug, cover with plastic wrap, poke multiple holes in the wrap and cover the top of the mug. I had tons of gnats or fruit flies last year and caught them all this way. I HATE THEM

• Pam G Blaxton-Dowd

I sprayed the inside of my microwave with vinegar and sprinkled with baking soda. Then sprayed again with vinegar. My own scrubbing bubbles. Let sit and wipe clean.

­