Hometalk.com

10 Comments Displaying 10 of 10 comments
  • Mary Insana Pittsburgh, PA
    I have a mercury glass lamp and I never rally liked the shade and have never found one i liked. I may be trying this soon.
  • Becky Blair, NE
    Great idea Courtenay. I like how you had your daughter help.

Pretty shade of green too.

• Virginia White Sanford, NC
    what paint did you use
  • Kimberly C Queen Creek, AZ
    That's awesome, thanks for sharing, who knew it would be so easy, I would have thought you would need a fabric medium but you just used regular old indoor house paint? good to know! I will definitely be trying this.
  • Virginia White It was just an old sample pot of Martha Stewart paint in Crevecoeur. Just regular old wall paint! It's nice because it blocks the light and makes it look like one of those fancy dark shades that direct the light only upwards and downwards.
  • Kimberly C yup! regular old indoor house paint! I'm so excited for you to try it! You're going to love it!
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    I am trying this tomorrow! I can't tell you how many lamp shades I have thrown away because they look terrible. Great Idea!
  • Yay Sherrie! I hope you'll come back and and tell us how it goes! This is the only time I've ever tried this, so I'm interested to see if it's just as easy for you!
  • Great easy projecy, I can definitely use this. Thanks!
  • Christine Wright, I'm so glad to help!