How to Paint Your Lampshade

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
With just a few easy tricks up your sleeve, you can paint any lampshade and achieve a perfect, even finish. No one will ever know it was painted!
Time: 20 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

To see more:

• Barb in Texas
    Barb in Texas Houston, TX
    Nifty, I was thinking of spray painting a couple of mismatched shades, but this looks easier and less messy. I didn't realize you could use regular paint. I'm also toying with the idea of putting a shiny gold paint on the inside, to give it a warm glow
  • B. Enne
    B. Enne Canada
    This looks good! I dyed mine with RIT years ago...pre-Internet..The colour still looks okay, albeit faded somewhat...The water wasn't the best thing for it though. :D
  • Colorado
    colorado Palm Desert, CA
    They have fabric paint at Hobby Lobby...Spraying was a breeze...Just tape off and cover inside for over spray....But I like your color and more to choose from...Nice (oh and look for coupons online for HL)
  • Lharrison1959
    I tried this, but the shade ended up not allowing any light to shine through. Looks good in the daylight, tho!
  • Colorado
    colorado Palm Desert, CA
    Hummm.....the lampshade i have does have a silver lining inside, so maybe that helps?..
CreekLineHouse .

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post