Looking For a Fun Idea for A DIY Hook?

I could do that! 12.27.14
When we remodeled the upstairs bathroom....we were trying to repurpose and reuse as much as possible.

We used old locker baskets to hold towels and made a display out of trophies old lobster buoys and vintage signs.

And I found a set of croquet mallets at a yard sale and transformed them into hooks for the bathroom. Check out the pictures below for step-by-step instructions! #ProudestDIY

Time: 1 Hour Cost: $5.00 Difficulty: Easy
  • Croquet Mallet Hook on display in the upstairs bathroom. Perfect size for holding towels!
  • Step 1: Removed the mallet head from the stick by sawing off the mallet approximately two inches from the end closest to top
  • Step 2: Decide the size of board you want to use as your base. We cut wooden board 4″ x 5″ for base for hook. Prime and paint the board.
  • Step 3: Screw double-ended screw into the block of wood
  • Step 4: Screw one end of the double sided screw into the painted wood.
  • Step 5: Attach the mallet to the other end of the double sided screw Drill a tiny hole in the end of the mallet. Screw the mallet onto the screw until it is flush with the board.
  • Step 7: Attach the board to the wall and your hook is ready to go! What a fun way to add a little repurposed style to your space!

To see more: http://www.thistlewoodfarms.com/easy-diy-project-croquet-mallet-hook

• Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    This is brilliant. Every bit of it. :)
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Agreed. And really fun. I thought those were croquet mallets, but I wasn't sure until I read your piece.

Also, I am guessing that these hooks hold a towel better than many small hooks available at hardware stores and such, which

• Jen, Girl in the Garage
    Love this! Our whole family is very much into playing croquet. This would be a great project if I could find some unwanted mallets somewhere...
  • Bette
    Bette Marquette, MI
    I have my husband's set as a kid in the 50's that is falling apart. This would be a great idea!
Thistlewood