Looking For a Fun Idea for A DIY Hook?

I could do that! 12.27.14

New Feature

Now you can ask questions on every Hometalk post to get more insight and information about your favorite projects!
When we remodeled the upstairs bathroom....we were trying to repurpose and reuse as much as possible.

We used old locker baskets to hold towels and made a display out of trophies old lobster buoys and vintage signs.

And I found a set of croquet mallets at a yard sale and transformed them into hooks for the bathroom. Check out the pictures below for step-by-step instructions! #ProudestDIY

Time: 1 Hour Cost: $5.00 Difficulty: Easy
  • Croquet Mallet Hook on display in the upstairs bathroom. Perfect size for holding towels!
  • Step 1: Removed the mallet head from the stick by sawing off the mallet approximately two inches from the end closest to top
  • Step 2: Decide the size of board you want to use as your base. We cut wooden board 4″ x 5″ for base for hook. Prime and paint the board.
  • Step 3: Screw double-ended screw into the block of wood
  • Step 4: Screw one end of the double sided screw into the painted wood.
  • Step 5: Attach the mallet to the other end of the double sided screw Drill a tiny hole in the end of the mallet. Screw the mallet onto the screw until it is flush with the board.
  • Step 7: Attach the board to the wall and your hook is ready to go! What a fun way to add a little repurposed style to your space!

To see more: http://www.thistlewoodfarms.com/easy-diy-project-croquet-mallet-hook

• Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    This is brilliant. Every bit of it. :)
  • Steve G
    Steve G Fort Collins, CO
    Agreed. And really fun. I thought those were croquet mallets, but I wasn't sure until I read your piece.

Also, I am guessing that these hooks hold a towel better than many small hooks available at hardware stores and such, which

• Jen, Girl in the Garage
    Love this! Our whole family is very much into playing croquet. This would be a great project if I could find some unwanted mallets somewhere...
  • Bette
    Bette Marquette, MI
    I have my husband's set as a kid in the 50's that is falling apart. This would be a great idea!

Search Feedback

{% slideIn.title() %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().cover_photo.alt %} {% slideIn.slide_post().media_count %}

{% slideIn.slide_post().summary %}

View Post