Hometalk.com

Hi There Here's how you can get the most out of your home & garden social network: Go home

New Life for an Old Nighstand

Decor Ideas 07.11.14
I recently painted a nightstand for a client. It belonged to her husband and had been passed down through his family. The previously paint job was flaking off badly (chippy in a not-so-good way) and the top was so water-stained that we couldn't salvage it to re-stain it like we intended. Thanks to a lot of paint, I transformed the nightstand, giving it a renewed life and readied it for many more years of use.

I've used Annie Sloan paint for many, many projects, but this was my first experience using Maison Blanche on a piece. Bayou Blue quickly became one of my favorite colors! More before and after pictures are on the blog. I also talk about the most important first step of painting this piece... testing for lead paint!

To see more: http://www.storywooddesigns.com/2013/02/05/my-first-love-a-furniture-before-and-after/

4 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 4 of 4 comments
  • Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO
    I love this color! I have two end tables I am refinishing and this color would be perfect!

Did you do the slip covers on the chairs? I also love

This comment has been reported and is under admin review.
    This comment was hidden for violating Hometalk's guidelines.
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Sherrie, I loved the Bayou Blue color - it's a very rich and deep blue without being too dark. The dark wax also really makes it pop... but it was very pretty without it. I did slip the chairs -
  • Terri J
    Terri J York, PA
    I love it, and especially the Bayou Blue! Neve thought of pitting ark wax on the legs to make something pop.
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Terri J!
Storywood Designs