New Life for an Old Nighstand | Hometalk
2.2K Views

New Life for an Old Nighstand

2.2K Views
I recently painted a nightstand for a client. It belonged to her husband and had been passed down through his family. The previously paint job was flaking off badly (chippy in a not-so-good way) and the top was so water-stained that we couldn't salvage it to re-stain it like we intended. Thanks to a lot of paint, I transformed the nightstand, giving it a renewed life and readied it for many more years of use.
I've used Annie Sloan paint for many, many projects, but this was my first experience using Maison Blanche on a piece. Bayou Blue quickly became one of my favorite colors! More before and after pictures are on the blog. I also talk about the most important first step of painting this piece... testing for lead paint!

To see more: http://www.storywooddesigns.com/2013/02/05/my-first-love-a-furniture-before-and-after/

Have Questions About This Post?

• Sherrie
    Sherrie Nixa, MO

I love this color! I have two end tables I am refinishing and this color would be perfect!
    Did you do the slip covers on the chairs? I also love that!

• Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC

@Sherrie, I loved the Bayou Blue color - it's a very rich and deep blue without being too dark. The dark wax also really makes it pop... but it was very pretty without it. I did slip the chairs - they were my grandmother's and need to be recovered.

• Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD

I love it, and especially the Bayou Blue! Neve thought of pitting ark wax on the legs to make something pop.

• Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC

Thanks @Terri J!

• Jan Tillotson
    Jan Tillotson Georgetown, CA

Great job on this piece! Really love what you did with the top to make it look just like wood grain!!

­