Upcycle a Cheap Door Mirror

DIY Home Projects 2 days ago
You know those cheap plastic framed door mirrors that you can find at just about any big box store? I had a couple of them and thought they'd look great as "windows" above my nightstands if I could make them look better. I've had this vision in my head for a couple years and this past week, those mirrors finally got their glam makeover. A full tutorial is on the blog on how to make this, but to sum it up, I added an inexpensive door mirror to a larger MDF base, added molding around the edge of the MDF, then added some decorative X-molding to the mirror. To finish it, I taped off the mirror, spray painted it metallic silver, then added "jewels" to the center of the Xs as a final touch. For the full tutorial and to see this as part of our bedroom makeover, visit me at the blog link http://www.lilikoijoy.com/2013/02/upcycle-doo... #diymirror
Cost: $45 Difficulty: Moderate
  • Turn an inexpensive run-of-the-mill door mirror into a glamorous wall mirror. I made two of these mirrors and hung them above the nightstands as part of our master bedroom makeover.
  • It's amazing what a little molding and paint can do to transform something basic or old into custom, one of a kind pieces for your home.

To see more: http://www.lilikoijoy.com/2013/02/upcycle-door-mirror-from-drab-to-fab.html

• Deeners
    deeners Aurora, IL
    Stunning! Beautiful change.
  • Jayne
    Jayne Lawrenceville, GA
    Can you do this to existing mirrors that cover a wall that are glued to the wall and can't be taken down? :)
    • Sharon @ Lilikoi Joy
      Sharon @ Lilikoi Joy Mukilteo, WA
      Jayne you could probably figure out how to put some moldings around the mirror on the wall and then add the molding on the mirror and get something similar to this, why not? Sounds like a reasonable idea that could work!
  • Jayne
    Jayne Lawrenceville, GA
    Thanks Sharon, your ideas are inspiring!
  • Gunterdeborah
    This is a great idea. Thank you
  • Georginalove1
    Love this idea Sharon ! How clever are you ??? Many thanks , Georgina Love UK .
Sharon @ Lilikoi Joy

Search Feedback