Upcycle a Cheap Door Mirror

Home Decor 3 days ago
You know those cheap plastic framed door mirrors that you can find at just about any big box store? I had a couple of them and thought they'd look great as "windows" above my nightstands if I could make them look better. I've had this vision in my head for a couple years and this past week, those mirrors finally got their glam makeover. A full tutorial is on the blog on how to make this, but to sum it up, I added an inexpensive door mirror to a larger MDF base, added molding around the edge of the MDF, then added some decorative X-molding to the mirror. To finish it, I taped off the mirror, spray painted it metallic silver, then added "jewels" to the center of the Xs as a final touch. For the full tutorial and to see this as part of our bedroom makeover, visit me at the blog link http://www.lilikoijoy.com/2013/02/upcycle-do... #diymirror
Cost: $45 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.lilikoijoy.com/2013/02/upcycle-door-mirror-from-drab-to-fab.html

• Sheryll S
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    Thank you ever so much....... guess what? I tried to hang the second mirror and those cheap tabs don't hold......(thinking it would be safe till I got the backing board and other stuff)...... well, it just crashed about 20 minutes ago into at least a
  • Sheryll S
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    My boy friend discouraged me from this plan of yours and I postponed getting the backing for framing it. Anyone else reading this......... just get the stuff and don't listen to the nay sayers! This WILL be gorgeous in my tiny bedroom sometime in the
  • Cathy Boyland
    Cathy Boyland Mesa, AZ
    sweet,going to make these.
  • Djduke
    This would make a fantastic headboard for a bed! Add alittle lighting above it.. and that would ROCK!
  • Tamara
    Tamara Northbrook, IL
    Nicely done!
  • Karyl Conard
    beautifully creative!
  • Betsy Bodrero
    Betsy Bodrero Tooele, UT
    very classy... what did you use to make the diamond design in the mirrors?????
  • Thelma Serna
    Thelma Serna Crescent City, CA
    good job!! 8)
  • Sheryll S
    Sheryll S Jacksonville, FL
    Thank you ever so much for the help Lisa Larson. I will see.... have a old, but younger classmate that can surely do this for me and maybe all of us. I will ask him...... not sure yet.
  • Virginia Hale
    Virginia Hale Killeen, TX
    This is just fab, love it!
  • Lupe Carrasco
    this looks really good!
  • Carole Fullerton
    Carole Fullerton Quitman, LA
    Love this mirror...you did a great job. Thinking this would look good length ways over my fireplace mantle!
  • Lisa House
    Lisa House Vickery, OH
    Fabulous! I am going to try this!
  • Carolyn jones
    Carolyn jones Winston Salem, NC
    Pleas let me know how you got the beautiful finish. It looks like polished metal instead of MDF.
    • Sharon @ Lilikoi Joy
      Sharon @ Lilikoi Joy Mukilteo, WA
      Carolyn jones Hi Carolyn, the instructions on how I made this including the spray paint finish is on the link in the above post. Hope that helps!
  • MsRemix
    MsRemix Philadelphia, PA
    Nice!!
Sharon @ Lilikoi Joy