Mason Jar Chandelier

dinning room 9 hours ago
#BeforeandAfter #favoriteroom #Recycle #LightingIdeas #BudgetUpgrade #LookforLess
My DIY hubby did a great job of taking a throw away 10-light brass chandelier with shades and turning it into a beautiful mason jar chandelier and anchor piece for our kitchen redo.
The little platforms around the fake candles were the perfect size to accommodate the rings for the mason jars (clear quart size). He began by hot gluing the rings upside down onto the platforms. Painter's caulk was used to smooth out the transition between ring and platform and a 40-watt chandelier bulb was chosen to eliminate any heating concerns.
He applied an aerosol primer over everything (minus jars) first and then top-coated with a gloss white aerosol. Next, and probably messiest part, was caulking around the rings. The accent color (Annie Sloan chalk paint leftover from our china hutch project) was 2 coats of paint applied to the rings and arms. The perfect last touch was adding a dimmer switch for lighting variations. Score one for my hubby Tim!
Stop by my blog to see a precise tutorial on my new favorite project!
Cost: $30 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.martysmusings.net/2013/02/diy-mason-jar-chandelier.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!
  • Mary C
    Mary C Reddick, FL
    ty,,,, :)
  • Nancy
    nancy Las Vegas, NV
    I made a light like these and used the edison bulbs and yes the jars got extremely hot I had to change out the bulbs to the incandescent bulbs which did not look as good as edison. You will have to drill holes somewhere for the heat to escape if you use
  • Shirley
    Shirley Miami, FL
    Mary you are a genius and this chandler is beautiful and beautifully done. I love it !!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Pawleys Island, SC
    Love this!
  • Rachelmary
    Rachelmary Warwick, RI
    Love it.
Marty's Musings