Hometalk.com

BEACHY CHIC 03.19.14

Get Crafty: DIY Seashell Candles

Our craft maven Melissa Caughey shares a super simple craft project that makes use of those shells you collected along the shore during your summer vacation. With a little wax and a wick, add some twinkle to an unexpected corner of your home.

To see more: http://blog.hgtvgardens.com/seashellcandles/

16 Comments Displaying 15 of 16 comments | See Previous
  • HGTVGardens Atlanta, GA
    Thanks Heather! We glad you like the craft idea :) We've got lots of neat new features coming to our site soon, too!
  • Beth B Birmingham, AL
    Well hi there HGTV! :)

Great use of old seashells! I have some that are perfect from a vacation to the Hamptons last year!

• Super way to show these shells off...loving the candles!
  • Sweet and easy project!

Welcome to HomeTalk, HGTV! :)

• Cool idea!!
  • 'a casarella San Diego, CA
    How fun! Living here in San Diego I definitely have some shells around the house. I just might have to try this. :)
  • I've been wanting to do this with a few of the shells from my collection - I was actually tempted to ask the waiter for empty oyster shells when I had lunch a few weeks ago (but didn't want to lug smelly shells home from the city)!
  • These would go perfect with my latest project using sea shells :) Welcome HGTV!!
  • I love a good almost free, useful craft :) Thanks for sharing and welcome to Hometalk!
  • Tami @ Curb Alert! Houston, TX
    So simple and cute. Love the idea. Welcome to HomeTalk!

~Tami

• Mavis Parillo Oak Harbor, WA
    What a great idea. Now to find time to do, right? Thanks.
  • HGTVGardens Atlanta, GA
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! Looking forward to connecting with you here. :)
  • Paula Stone Medford, OR
    I've actually done a variation on this with my shells. It's fun and I love the look.
  • Chris KaiKai Riverside, CA
    Great idea. I have lots of shells, now I know what to do with some of them. Thanks
  • Rae Clark Orlando, FL
    Love this!! I have done this and it is wonderful!!