A Vintage Ironing Board Turned Welcome Sign

I picked up this old ironing board and just knew it could be something wonderful! After tossing around several different ideas, I settled on one.. turning it into a welcome sign for our front porch.
  • The finished piece... what do you think?
  • The Before...
  • Tracing letters... check out the link to find out how!
  • Painted letters

To see more: http://www.therusticpig.com/2013/02/06/vintage-ironing-board-turned-welcome-sign/

• Debbie
    Debbie Geneseo, IL
    Here is my new Welcome Ironing Board, thanks Claire..
  • Debbie
    Debbie Geneseo, IL
    Thank you so much, i have an old ironing board sitting around and this is a perfect idea and I absolutely love that font.
  • Claire @ The Rustic Pig
    Claire @ The Rustic Pig Spring Branch, TX
    Hi Debbie! I used a font called Penshurst. :)
  • Debbie
    Debbie Geneseo, IL
    I love this idea, is there a special font for the lettering?
  • Dawn
    Dawn Beaver Springs, PA
    Love it!
  • Claire @ The Rustic Pig
    Elizabeth Riepenhoff ... I am sooo jealous!!! I paid quite a bit more for my ironing board! :)
  • Elizabeth Riepenhoff
    I have an old ironing board...all natual wood!...You wouldn't believe it....I got it at a garage sale for $2.oo...ི♥..ha..lucky buy!
  • Claire @ The Rustic Pig
    Tina Garbutt ... I totally get that!! I pick up "junk" all the time. You just never know!! Luckily, my hubby is right there with me picking up junk. Typically I don't have a clue as what to do with what he picks up!
  • Kelly
    Kelly Atwater, CA
    Awesome! I have one of those and was wondering what I could do with it. Now, I have a plan :)
  • CeeJai
    CeeJai Stockbridge, GA
    Love it... I've got several old ironing boards mmm - if I use chalk board paint I could put different messages according to my mood... Thanks for the idea
  • Tamra L
    Tamra L Ben Wheeler, TX
    ok i need to get jpme and paint my ironing board
  • Tina Garbutt
    This is so cool, I always want to pick up things like this when I see it and I say oh I could turn that into something cool..my husband on the other hand says ya o.k another peice of junk to add to her pile. I can't do it all at one time....funny thing
  • Terri J
    Terri J Annapolis, MD
    Makes me feel very welcomed, so I am sure your guest will too!
  • Claire @ The Rustic Pig
    Thanks everyone!!! Ya'll are the best!! Hugs!!
  • Claire @ The Rustic Pig
    Awww.. thanks Sherrie!
Claire @ The Rustic Pig

Search Feedback