A Vintage Ironing Board Turned Welcome Sign

Decor Ideas 6 hours ago
I picked up this old ironing board and just knew it could be something wonderful! After tossing around several different ideas, I settled on one.. turning it into a welcome sign for our front porch.
  • The finished piece... what do you think?
  • The Before...
  • Tracing letters... check out the link to find out how!
  • Painted letters

To see more: http://www.therusticpig.com/2013/02/06/vintage-ironing-board-turned-welcome-sign/

• Jenlove
    Jenlove Wallace, SC
    So creative! Just awesome
  • Jillian @ JST Design
    beautiful sign, I still can't believe it was and ironing board!
  • Debra
    Debra Largo, FL
    So unique!!!!!
  • Mary Barber
    Mary Barber Alamogordo, NM
    I have one with no legs..........perfect for this project.
  • Someday
    Someday Bossier City, LA
    I have one too! Found it on the side of the road over a year ago and it's just been sitting in my garage. Now I some great inspiration to put it to some awesome new use! Thanks for posting! Looks amazing! ;)
  • Carol L
    Carol L Moores Hill, IN
    Hi Claire! I absolutely love your Welcome sign! May I ask what size font you used? I have collected 3 ironing boards and as soon as the weather gets better, I'm going to start on them. I always look forward to seeing your site, as you have such awesome
  • Creative Designs & Accessories
    OMG!!!! Okay, I am hitting every antique mall or store tomorrow on the hunt for an old wooden ironing board....LOL!! Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
  • Claire @ The Rustic Pig
    Claire @ The Rustic Pig Spring Branch, TX
    Oh Debbie!!! I LOVE it!!!!! It's so perfect!!!!! I love the green color too! Ok, guess I need to make another one! I have another ironing board sitting in my office now... just not sure what I want to do with it just yet!
Claire @ The Rustic Pig