Hometalk.com

AddyGrace Boutique 3 days ago

Aqua Distressed Chalkpainted Dresser

I got this big, beat up, smelly dresser off of craigslist. I cleaned it up, painted it with aqua DIY chalkpaint, distressed it, repainted the hardware and coated it in AS clear wax. A couple bought it for their master bedroom.

To see more: http://www.restorationredoux.com/?p=1776

21 Comments Displaying 15 of 21 comments | See Previous
  • Kate F New Britain, CT
    It's amazing what paint can do. I was drawn to this for the color as well. I have been trying to incorporate bits of turquoise into my home. I have a lot of family items and I'm trying to create a balance between vintage pieces and an updated look
  • Jeanette S Atlanta, GA
    Great job! This looks like it is from the 60-80 era where so much dark ugly stuff was produced! (I have a piece I want to paint...but when???).
  • Mary D Rock Hill, SC
    Love it! I have seen a nice blue as well painted from chaulk paint. I was told (haven't had time to look) that Lowes or Home Depot don't carry it. Where do you buy the paint then? Thanks!
  • Shanna Gilbert Wichita, KS
    The only brand of chalk paint that I have used is Annie Sloan. It is great stuff but it is not cheap. You have to get it a specialty stores or you can order it online. I would just google Annie Sloan and your city name. I usually just make my own
  • Kate F New Britain, CT
    I've never used chalk paint. What is the benefit of chalk paint versus latex in a flat finish?
  • Shanna Gilbert Wichita, KS
    Kate, the reason I use chalkpaint is that it adheres to anything. You don't have to sand which I hate. I also am not a huge fan of poly, and when you use chalkpaint you use a wax to seal it instead of a poly.
  • The color is beautiful, I am so glad to see you making over an old piece that so many would just throw away.
  • What a fun color! I hear great things about chalk paint and really want to try it out!
  • Carrie MakingLemonade Blue Bell, PA
    Thanks for showing me what aqua chalkpaint looks like, I've been contemplating it for a project because it's such a bold and fun color. Way to transform something old into something fab!
  • Beautiful color!! I love the distressing, great job!
  • What a great transformation!
  • Gorgeous colour! This piece not only makes an amazing statement... check out all that storage! Swoon...
  • Great color choice!
  • Love it!! Just a gorgeous transformation:)
  • Marty's Musings Greensboro, NC
    I am completely on an aqua kick right now and love this dresser. Beat up and smelly. Love it! Visiting from blogtalk