Hometalk.com

Backyard Escapes 02.25.14

Tutorial: Make a Grain Sack Towel with the Citra Solv Transfer Method!

I love using Citra Solv, a cleaning agent, to Transfer Images onto Fabric! This is a step by step Tutorial, showing the process, on a Kitchen Towel. You can download the Printable for free on my Blog. #Tutorials
Time: 10 Minutes Difficulty: Easy

To see more: http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2010/01/crafty-project-grain-sack-kitchen.html

26 Comments Displaying 15 of 26 comments | See Previous
  • Oh, that's awesome! Thanks for letting me know Becky !
  • Carol Lindbloom Bothell, WA
    I saw this done for the very first time just this weekend at our local Ben Franklin Craft store.using valentine designs. It was amazing.. and here is yours.. I have to try this.. I had never heard of citra solve until this weekend and now twice!! thanks
  • Becky Blair, NE
    You're welcome Karen. I thought you'd like to know that.
  • Carol Lindbloom You're welcome!! I hope you have fun with it!
  • Laura Garcia Danville, CA
    Love this idea...and love the graphic Karen! I have saved and pinned this method several times...time to try it out! Any ideas on how to personalize and add my own initials?
  • Thanks Laura Garcia ! Yes, you can use Picmonkey. It's free and fun to use! You can find it at picmonkey.com
  • Laura Garcia Danville, CA
    Thanks Karen. I love Picmonkey and use it all the time to make collages for my blog! I will check it out!
  • You're welcome Laura Garcia !
  • Barb V Charleston, SC
    Karen, thank you and so glad I found you on Hometalk. It took me awhile to find Citro Solve a few months ago. Bought it to try with my students and it didn't work at all. After watching your step by step, we may have put too much on the paper. We will
  • Lois Lee Davis Oriental, NC
    What is Citro Solve and where can you purchase it?? Thanks.
  • Hi Barb V Most likely the problem is with the copier that you used. It must be toner based. All the big guys (Office Max, Staples etc) are using laser now, and that won't work. You need to
  • Lois Lee Davis, Citra Solv is a cleaning product. Some grocery store chains carry it, and you can nearly always find it at Natural/Health food stores. You can click the link above to go to my blog for more info.
  • The Treasured Home Fair Oaks, CA
    How will the graphic hold up, going through the washing machine? This has been on my list too. I have yet to try it. 'Bout time!
  • The Treasured Home Yes, I've washed it in the washing machine and it's fine!
  • Kathy R Sparta, GA
    Love this method - so glad you shared your step by step tutorial!

Kathy