Tutorial: Make a Grain Sack Towel with the Citra Solv Transfer Method! | Hometalk
11K Views

Tutorial: Make a Grain Sack Towel with the Citra Solv Transfer Method!

I like that :) on Feb 23, 2016
11K Views
I love using Citra Solv, a cleaning agent, to Transfer Images onto Fabric! This is a step by step Tutorial, showing the process, on a Kitchen Towel. You can download the Printable for free on my Blog.
Time: 10 Minutes Difficulty: Easy
  • tutorial make a grain sack towel with the citra solv transfer method, crafts
This is the towel that I made, along with a matching place-mat!
Step 1: Make a Mirror image of your transfer and have a toner based copy made of it. You will need to find an older copy machine, to find one with toner. Don't go to the big chains, they all use laser.
Step 2: Secure your image in place, by taping it to your Fabric. I used painters tape. Also, place something under it, that has little give to it, like cardboard or styrofoam.
Apply the Citra Solv cleaner, with a brush, or a cotton ball. Don't over saturate!
Burnish the design with a spoon. Press firmly and evenly. And remove the paper when you're done.
After the fabric/towel dries, go over it with an iron to get the excess citra solv out. (I put a towel done under it, to keep the citra solv off of my ironing board cover)
That's it! It's a nice rustic look! Stop by my blog for more details and to grab the Printable!

To see more: http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2010/01/crafty-project-grain-sack-kitchen.html

Have Questions About This Post?

• The Treasured Home
    The Treasured Home Fair Oaks, CA

How will the graphic hold up, going through the washing machine? This has been on my list too. I have yet to try it. 'Bout time!

• Karen - The Graphics Fairy

@The Treasured Home Yes, I've washed it in the washing machine and it's fine!

• Kathy R
    Kathy R Sparta, GA

Love this method - so glad you shared your step by step tutorial!
    Kathy

• Tone
    Tone Norway

how genius! But for a person not familiar with what citra solve is. Its propably something else in norwegian. can you articulate? ;)

• Liliana Wells
    Liliana Wells Jackson, GA

I want to try this. Thanks for sharing the instructions.

­