Make these Darling Clay Heart Tags or Magnets for Valentine's Day!

03.25.15
We wanted to do something simple and sweet this year for my daughter to give to her classmates for Valentine's Day. These clay hearts can be used two ways...as tags or as magnets! The kids had so much fun playing with the modeling clay and made all sorts of other shapes too. Unused clay can be stored in the fridge and after a quick warm-up in the microwave it is ready to be used again for more fun! #ValentinesDay
Time: 1 Hour Difficulty: Easy
  • How to Make Clay Heart Tags or Magnets
  • 2 Cups Baking Soda 1 Cup Corn Starch 1 1/4 Cups Warm Water Instructions...
  • Step 1: After mixture cools, start having fun playing with the clay! Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out your hearts.
  • Step 2: If you are wanting to make tags, using a small dowel, make a hole at the top of the heart.
  • Step 3: Let hearts dry overnight till hardened.
  • Step 4: Turn them into magnets but attaching small ones to the back using superglue or hot glue.

To see more: http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2013/02/clay-heart-tag-and-magnet.html

• Christine
    Christine Buffalo, IN
    couldn't you write a word on them too, before the harden?
  • At The Picket Fence
    At The Picket Fence Florence, KY
    Hi Christine! Yes you could do that! I've seen some done before and it is so cute.
    • Jo F.
      Jo F. Hobart, OK
      I know it's been a year but can these be painted after they dry?
  • Heidi
    Heidi Vernon Rockville, CT
    Love this idea for gift packages. I'm going to try adding food coloring to make different colors, I'll let you know how it turns out!
  • The Garden Frog Boutique with C. Renee
    These are adorable!
  • Diamondvalleygirl
    So lovely when painted and words added for my decorated mason jars!
At The Picket Fence