Save on Space by Turning a Bookcase Into a Desk! Here's How!

Projects 03.02.16
A couple of years ago we decided our son was in need of a desk in his room but we were a bit short on space. So I took his existing bookcase and converted it to a desk while still keeping the shelves available for books and other storage. It was so easy to do! ~Vanessa
Time: 2 Days Cost: $40 Difficulty: Moderate
What started out as a basic bookcase is transformed into a functional desk.
My son absolutely loved his new desk and a plain second-hand chair was given a new look with a coat of red paint.
Visit the link below for the full tutorial and instructions for making this desk.

To see more: http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2011/06/diy-bookcase-turned-desk-and-featured.html

Do you have a question about this post?

Ask Here!

• Linda Fraine
    Linda Fraine Naples, FL
    love it!!
  • Tudyrunningwater
    Tudyrunningwater Montour Falls, NY
    very nice
  • Sandy
    Sandy Urich, MO
    What a wonderful idea! My Granddaughter lives with me and space is a huge problem, your project maybe one of our answers! Thank you!
  • Karen
    Karen Port Saint Lucie, FL
    So glad to see this done as I've been thinking of doing the same thing to add a desk to a very small space and wall just inside my laundry room. But I plan to make the desk surface fold up or down on hinges, so that when not in use, we can get by! Wish I
  • Brenda L Bennett
    Brenda L Bennett Ithaca, NY
    Working with a budget-great idea!
At The Picket Fence