Save on Space by Turning a Bookcase Into a Desk! Here's How! | Hometalk
15K views

Save on Space by Turning a Bookcase Into a Desk! Here's How!

15K views
A couple of years ago we decided our son was in need of a desk in his room but we were a bit short on space. So I took his existing bookcase and converted it to a desk while still keeping the shelves available for books and other storage. It was so easy to do! ~Vanessa
Time: 2 Days Cost: $40 Difficulty: Moderate
What started out as a basic bookcase is transformed into a functional desk.
My son absolutely loved his new desk and a plain second-hand chair was given a new look with a coat of red paint.

To see more: http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2011/06/diy-bookcase-turned-desk-and-featured.html

17 Comments | Add a Comment Displaying 5  of  17 | See Previous
  • Linda Fraine
    Linda Fraine Naples, FL

love it!!

• Tudyrunningwater
    Tudyrunningwater Montour Falls, NY

very nice

• Sandy
    Sandy Urich, MO

What a wonderful idea! My Granddaughter lives with me and space is a huge problem, your project maybe one of our answers! Thank you!

• Karen
    Karen Port Saint Lucie, FL

So glad to see this done as I've been thinking of doing the same thing to add a desk to a very small space and wall just inside my laundry room. But I plan to make the desk surface fold up or down on hinges, so that when not in use, we can get by!

• Brenda L Bennett
    Brenda L Bennett Ithaca, NY

Working with a budget-great idea!

­