Hometalk.com

Bedroom Décor 12.29.13

Faux Aged Steel Ikea Cabinet Inspired By Restoration Hardware

My tutorial for how to do a faux aged steel paint finish on an Ikea PS cabinet was the most-viewed post for last year. It was a spur of the moment decision to paint it, but I'm glad that I did it. Just a little bit of sanding, paint, and Annie Sloan's Dark Wax went a long way to give character to a plain piece of furniture for our boys' room. #ProudestDIY

To see more: http://www.simplicityinthesouth.com/2012/10/faux-aged-steel-ikea-cabinet-inspired-by-restoration-hardware.html

8 Comments Displaying 8 of 8 comments
  • Tami @ Curb Alert! Houston, TX
    Love this look. It turned out fabulous and how cute that you added the wagon underneath!
  • I love this project!...the cabinet really resembles steel...great job and love the wagon too!!
  • Very cool look! That's a fabulous piece!
  • Thank you, Donna! I'm surprised that it has held up to the use and abuse of our two younger boys over the past 4 months, but I guess that a scratch or dent here or there would just give it more character. :)
  • Becky Blair, NE
    What a great job Tricia. It looks so much neat after your transformation.
  • How cool! Love this room!
  • I love it! Great job:)