Hometalk.com

DIY Dryer Sheets (One of my #ProudestDIY projects )

A while back I experimented with something when I ran out of dryer sheets. I did not have any coupons and I was NOT going to pay full price for dryer sheets. So out of this need came this idea.It is so easy to dip, dry and use over and over! This has saved me lots of money as I do NOT buy fabric softer sheets anymore!

To see more: http://livingonloveandcents.com/2011/08/26/homemade-dryer-sheets-diy-fabric-softeners/

99 Comments Displaying 15 of 99 comments | See Previous
  • Edie W Grayslake, IL
    Dryer sheets are bad for the dryer. They leave a film on the dryer sensor. Also leaves a film on your lint filter. I have to wash my filter every once in awhile to get the film off...and...wipe off the sensor. I will definitely be switching to this
  • Lynne Heathsville, VA
    Actually, a damp wash cloth with small amount of hair conditioner works, too!
  • Lisa C Melbourne, FL
    love this idea but I have seen fabric softener stain clothes? do you add any water?have you ever had an issue just checking?
  • Nana Saranac Lake, NY
    I have one also - use 1 fabric softner add to a gallon of water in a lidded container, throw in clean sponges. Ring out sponge toss in dryer with clothes. Will last you a year for 1 bottle of fabric softner. More DIY tips and recipes here too . Home
  • Laurie K Canada
    I use dryer balls. Or a wash cloth with some vinegar poured onto it and pop in the dryer.
  • Jean Meyer Morrison, IL
    what type of vinegar
    • Carolyn Doherty Becker, MN
      Jean Meyer Straight white vinegar. Poor in the dispenser of the washing machine. So cheap and it works perfectly!
    • Patsy Destrehan, LA
      Carolyn Doherty be careful of the vinegar spilling if you have a front loading machine. The vinegar ate through the door hinges and I had to replace them.
  • Pjlea@att.net Waynesville, NC
    White vinegar!
  • Jean Meyer Morrison, IL
    Will try ty
  • Ellen Baker Covington, GA
    Heather Brummett Living on Love and Cents I hate spending $$$ on dryer sheets. Great idea which I will try today. Thanks for a great tip!
  • Debbie Moore Muskegon, MI
    I live on Medicare and my budget is so tight I don't have wiggle room. You are so smart thank you very much for saving me this money every penny saved counts towards my new transportation.
  • Linda Stone Inman, SC
    I don't use dryer sheets either. If you leave them in the dryer, they can stain certain fabrics. I had this happen to dress shirts and they were ruined by the dryer sheets. I do make my own fabric softener, however, using vinegar, (hair) conditioner, and
  • Linda Stone Inman, SC
    @Amy Nelson I use 6 cups hot water, 2 cups conditioner. Mix well, then add 2 cups white vinegar. There are lots of conditioners that smell so great and are quite inexpensive. I get mine at a dollar store!