DIY Dryer Sheets (One of my #ProudestDIY projects )

A while back I experimented with something when I ran out of dryer sheets. I did not have any coupons and I was NOT going to pay full price for dryer sheets. So out of this need came this idea.It is so easy to dip, dry and use over and over! This has saved me lots of money as I do NOT buy fabric softer sheets anymore!
  • It takes very little! Pour a very small amount of fabric softener or vinegar in a bowl and dip the clothes.
  • Let them hang dry and then pop them in the dryer when you need them. You can use many times before you need to "re-dip" them. Also a wonderful air freshener as they hang!

To see more: http://livingonloveandcents.com/2011/08/26/homemade-dryer-sheets-diy-fabric-softeners/

• Linda Stone
    Linda Stone Inman, SC
    @Amy Nelson I use 6 cups hot water, 2 cups conditioner. Mix well, then add 2 cups white vinegar. There are lots of conditioners that smell so great and are quite inexpensive. I get mine at a dollar store!
  • Heather
    Heather United Kingdom
    I do exactly the same as Linda except when I get one of those quite large bottles that are pennies, as then I add about 20 drops lavender oil and have never had any issues.
  • Linda
    Linda Hazel Crest, IL
    I go to $1 store for dryer sheets. Lasts a long time. I put VINEGAR in wash to freshen clothes.
  • Ann
    ann Toms River, NJ
    Some of the chemicals used to make dryer sheets are known carcinogens, please be careful.
  • Sandie Isbister
    Sandie Isbister Scottsdale, AZ
    I just use white vinegar in the fabric softener spot of the washer. Works great.
Heather Brummett Living on Love and Cents