DIY Dryer Sheets (One of my #ProudestDIY projects )

08.22.15
A while back I experimented with something when I ran out of dryer sheets. I did not have any coupons and I was NOT going to pay full price for dryer sheets. So out of this need came this idea.It is so easy to dip, dry and use over and over! This has saved me lots of money as I do NOT buy fabric softer sheets anymore!
  • It takes very little! Pour a very small amount of fabric softener or vinegar in a bowl and dip the clothes.
  • Let them hang dry and then pop them in the dryer when you need them. You can use many times before you need to "re-dip" them. Also a wonderful air freshener as they hang!

To see more: http://livingonloveandcents.com/2011/08/26/homemade-dryer-sheets-diy-fabric-softeners/

• Heather
    Heather United Kingdom
    I do exactly the same as Linda except when I get one of those quite large bottles that are pennies, as then I add about 20 drops lavender oil and have never had any issues.
  • Linda
    Linda Hazel Crest, IL
    I go to $1 store for dryer sheets. Lasts a long time. I put VINEGAR in wash to freshen clothes.
  • Ann
    ann Toms River, NJ
    Some of the chemicals used to make dryer sheets are known carcinogens, please be careful.
  • Sandie Isbister
    Sandie Isbister Scottsdale, AZ
    I just use white vinegar in the fabric softener spot of the washer. Works great.
  • Cheryle Fuller
    Cheryle Fuller New Braunfels, TX
    I don't bother with dryer sheets. They are not good for your machine, as the stuff in them solidifies and clogs up your dryer vent screen. If your vent screen is clogged up, soak it in vinegar for a few hours. I add fabrc softener to the wash load. Add
Heather Brummett Living on Love and Cents

Search Feedback