Hey there, I just found this site..

Hometalk Praise 12.31.12
and happy to see real people talking about home projects.. I am closing on our house on the 11th in East Cobb and found one wall with mold in the kitchen. That was the only place we saw it and it looked like the sellers tried to cover it up, but we removed the cabinets to find it and eww.. So we are removing the wall and planning on rebuilding the wall and replacing 2 cabinets and I wanted to get an idea on 1. how and where should I get an idea on repairing and replacing it & 2. should we hire a professional to treat the mold? Thanks!!
  • SawHorse.net
    SawHorse.net Atlanta, GA
    Woodbridge does offer good advice, however it does not apply to all climate zones. Atlanta is usually considered a "fringe" zone according to the Southface Energy Institute, however this map states that it is a little further down South. http://www.energysavers.gov/your_home/insulat...
  • Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
    Very good point SawHorse Great link as well!
  • HandyANDY - Handyman & All Repairs, LLC
    Hope the house has gone well for you. I would also have someone check all of the vent boots on the roof...if they are split and leaking...water can travel down the vent pipe and cause the kind of mold depicted in your pictures.
  • Jan Britt Interiors
    Jan Britt Interiors Marietta, GA
    Sounds like you are doing a good job.
  • Cathy B
    Cathy B Phoenix, AZ
    Even if a house is bank owned, one can go to the bank for repairs. The agent will argue (yours and theirs) but they cannot sell ahouse with a major health issue. I'm glad sellers agreed to pay!
Vanessa L
Thank you {% auth.user().name %} for answering this question & helping the community!
Here are some more recent questions

Search Feedback