Make a Critter-Proof Garden Greenhouse

Garden 06.15.15
We're #itching4spring and dreaming about all the possibilities this season for a fresh start in the garden. Carmen Collins, an Atlanta gardener, used wire mesh, wood and some thoughtful design to craft her backyard greenhouse. The squirrels are no match for her plants anymore and it adds a stylish architectural element to her landscape; a win-win!
Difficulty: Challenging
  • Rain and sunlight get in, but squirrels stay out.
  • Corrugated polycarbonate panels were used to create a few cold frames that keep citrus trees, such as Meyer lemon, from freezing during winter months.
  • Path lighting illuminates the flower beds that wrap the perimeter of the screen room.
  • Mounted to the inside of the screen room walls are terraced planters for strawberries.
  • Tiered strawberry boxes work as exterior window boxes for herbs and ornamentals that the critters won't want to disturb.

To see more: http://blog.hgtvgardens.com/green-room-keeping-critters-out-with-a-stylish-garden-house/

• Charlotte Teene
    Charlotte Teene Bellevue, MI
    this is great!
  • Debi Alexander
    Debi Alexander Au Gres, MI
    Wow! That is great, but where is the directions or plans? Would really appreciate it.
  • All Things Heart and Home
    this could not be better!!!
  • CraftingSociety
    CraftingSociety Atlanta, GA
    Hi- I just stumbled upon my own back yard photos, on Pinterest, re-posted from HGTVGardens.com (where I work), then onto Hometalk.com. This tangled web! I am happy to create some drawings and plans if you're truly interested. It is a constant challenge
  • Christina G
    Christina G Warrenton, VA
    Are moles or voles able to did up through the floor on the inside at all?
HGTVGardens