Hometalk.com

paint 04.12.14

DIY Painted Bathtub

I just finished painting my bathtub a couple of days ago. I used Rust-Oleum Tub & Tile Refinishing Kit, and it's still curing (you're not supposed to get water on it for three days), but the paint seems very durable. Of course, it IS paint, so it won't last forever, but I think this is a very good solution if you want a somewhat easy fix for an ugly, outdated tub, and don't quite have the budget for a complete replacement. More details (including a video) at the link below.
Time: 8 Hours Cost: $125.00 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.addicted2decorating.com/bathroom-makeover-day-11-how-to-paint-a-bathtub.html

60 Comments Displaying 15 of 60 comments | See Previous
  • Jayne Magnolia, TX
    i just finished my tub and shower they look amazing, I hope it stays that way
  • Jayne Magnolia, TX
    I have a concrete fountain outside and it doesn't hold water so I am going to use the tub and tile kit to see if it will seal it. If not it will look pretty
  • Phyllis W Saint Pauls, NC
    Gee Jayne, my son-in-law put a layer of calking in my bird bath and it is great now.
  • Jackieforzone Wonder Lake, IL
    going to do this with a kitchen sink I just got from a friend but! going to paint it red to match kitchen decor
  • Sherrie Nixa, MO
    I also think you did and amazing job! We are getting ready to gut one bathroom but it has a shower. It's nice that you gave a alternative way to refinish your tub instead of ripping it out! Especially when people are on a budget, or those that don't have
  • Kat =^.^= Boulder City, NV
    wow it turned out like new! You did a lot of work! wow! its beautiful!!!!
  • I have used this on my kitchen sink @5 years ago... I love it. I was skeptical so I did a old kitchen sink we keep out side for the dogs water ( so water stands in it all the time) and it is still in perfect shape !!
  • GardenGypsy Stuart, FL
    Great Job hard work good for you girl very well explained too!
  • Christopher Powell Savannah, GA
    Phyllis W We had the same problem with the plastic tubs my husband sanded it down then put fiberglass around the tub then we used Rust-Oleum Tub & Tile Refinishing Kit lasted us almost 4
  • Love Digging in the Dirt Saint Clair Shores, MI
    Are there any paint strokes visible? It looks amazing!
    • Debra Todd At first it looks like there will be stroke marks everywhere.. but it I " self settling" a
  • Lynne Detroit, MI
    your tub looks great!..can you use this on an old caste iron tub..
  • Mary Independence, KY
    I'm going to try this on my laundry tubs as they look nasty after 25+ yrs.
  • Jennifer G Clifton, CO
    We have a poorly installed and GROSS tub enclosure that has nasty yellow stains on it that will not come out - I've tried EVERYTHING and it's still as yellow as the day we moved in. Now that I've seen your post, I'm so going to paint it until we can gut
  • Beth Sanfilippo Schiller Park, IL
    Can you paint the fiberglass surround too? We have fiberglass surround walls installed..ugly and dated. Would love to paint them to spruce things up. Can't afford to replace the walls right now. .