DIY Painted Bathtub

good stuff 01.08.16
I just finished painting my bathtub a couple of days ago. I used Rust-Oleum Tub & Tile Refinishing Kit, and it's still curing (you're not supposed to get water on it for three days), but the paint seems very durable. Of course, it IS paint, so it won't last forever, but I think this is a very good solution if you want a somewhat easy fix for an ugly, outdated tub, and don't quite have the budget for a complete replacement. More details (including a video) at the link below.
Time: 8 Hours Cost: $125.00 Difficulty: Moderate

To see more: http://www.addicted2decorating.com/bathroom-makeover-day-11-how-to-paint-a-bathtub.html

on This Post

• Cathy Huffman Dillard
    Cathy Huffman Dillard Winston Salem, NC
    I wouldn't try this...if you look at the before and after pictures...you can tell it's not the same tub. The fixtures don't match up. It might be a good quick fix if you're trying to sell your house and you want it to look good temporarily.
  • Marianne Fredricks
    Marianne Fredricks Allendale, MI
    I tried this and it didn't hold up well.

I had a professional tub refinisher strip it down and do it "right".

• Diana Deiley
    Diana Deiley Nokomis, FL
    It looks wonderful. Great job. I hope it lasts after all that work.
  • Begie Willis
    Begie Willis Buchanan, GA
    So pretty. I told my husband we need to paint ours!!!!!
  • Wallacetyne Onnetta Williams
    completion work looks great, how is it holding up, please an update on the bathtub would be appreciated. Thank You.
Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating