The Perfect Piece for a Porch

banc 04.04.15
This time of year in North Carolina is such a tease. Sunny days that touch 60 (and sometimes 70) degrees leave me with a raging case of spring fever. But then the reality of winter returns and spring seems light years away. To quell my #itching4Spring, I'm revisiting a piece I completed last year. I revamped an old desk into a potting bench/porch serving piece/jack of all trades for outdoor living. The desk got a coat of paint in a happy color and some vintage hardware for its drawers. A heavy sanding and some fun accessories and it makes the perfect spot for pots, soil and lots of flowers. It would fit right in on a covered porch with drinks cooling in a galvanized bucket and cocktail napkins in its drawers. It's the perfect piece to celebrate spring on the porch.
  • A smoky blue color updated the worn pine wood. Lots of ledges and drawers give plenty of space for storage.
  • An iron bird hook is the perfect spot to hang flowers, garden tools or a hand towel
  • Vintage hardware gives the piece a fun look.

To see more: http://www.storywooddesigns.com/2012/05/13/jack-of-all-trades/

• Kathy Elizabeth
    Kathy Elizabeth Charleston, SC
    I live in Charleston, SC. So I can totally relate to the mixture of spring like days, with winter ones..:) I love your potting bench piece/server ! It is a perfect project, for our large Southern Porch (where we do most of our entertaining) ! :)
  • Miriam I
    Miriam I New York, NY
    This is such a wonderful idea. I've seen many repurposed potting benches, but I've actually never seen a desk before!
  • Susan @ Rustic ReDiscovered
    So creative, Love it.
  • Storywood Designs
    Storywood Designs Raleigh, NC
    Thank you Kathy Elizabeth! I would love to have the big Southern porch... My mom has one and it's our favorite place to spend time. We have the screened porch, though and we
Storywood Designs

Search Feedback