My husband brushed up against it, and it "trashed" his forearm. It has been 10 days and the arm is still red and sore and peeling. I have looked into poison ivy, oak, and sumac, and none match. Thanks!
Commented on May 03, 2012
After seeing the pictures it almost looks like a very old Azalea. If your husband had any
open area on his arm like a cut or even a scratch it could cause a severe allergic reaction. They are highly toxic if ingested and could have gotten into the bloodstream through a wound.