There are many advantages to utilizing paint instead of wallpaper:
1) You choose the perfect color(s) for your project. There is no need to spend hours
looking through wallpaper books
2) You choose the exact design to fit the scale and style of your space. The options that are now available with paint are infinite.
3) Walls are rarely straight. Floors and ceilings are rarely level. Using paint allows you to disguise these imperfections by adjusting the patterns as you go. Designs can be placed so they are VISUALLY correct rather than MATHEMATICALLY correct.
4) Measuring for wallpaper can be tricky. This is especially true if the walls are curved, angled or have a lot of fixtures to consider. Mistakes are costly. Any unopened packages can be returned but are usually subject to a restocking fee. If you are short, you run the risk of the additional rolls not being a perfect match.
5) Since wallpaper comes in double rolls, you must make sure to order plenty. I hate to see the excess paper go to waste. I would rather see a leftover quart of paint. Chances are, it can be used for another project in that space.
6) Paint can be repaired easily with a paint brush.
7) If you have ever stripped wallpaper you understand the cost and mess that is involved with removing. A painted wall requires only primer and paint when you are ready for a change.
If you are looking to add spice to a room, you may want to explore the options that are now available with paint.
Visit www.kasswilson.com for more transformation ideas.
I have a walk in closet that is completely empty with no shelves. My husband is not helping me with this and has been promising for years to take care of this. It's time for me to do this myself. I am going to go to Ikea and buy these wire shelves that hang on the wall. It is much simpler then buying wood and drilling into the walls.----
finally something happened. We had a few options at Ikea but everytime we were ready to buy something it
was out of stock. My husband found these shelves and bought some nice wooden "things" to hold the shelves. He still has to install one more and then finish up the hanging space
Dont rely on your husband. Take action and get things done.
If you need to paint, do it before you install the shelves. This is a mistake we made. We will try to touch up around the shelves but it makes everything very nerve-racking.
4 X wooden shelves - $55.00
Commented on Dec 22, 2010
finally something happened. We had a few options at Ikea but everytime we were ready to buy
something it was out of stock. My husband found these shelves and bought some nice wooden "things" to hold the shelves. He still has to install one more and then finish up the hanging space