My husband wanted a new tool chest for all his new tools, but I wasn't willing to shell out $400 for a brand new one. Instead, we got creative with what we had. We have a basement full of
unpainted furniture that I haven't gotten around to painting yet, and this dresser was the perfect fit for a tool chest.
We removed the bottom drawers and dividers and replaced them with two doors. This gives a larger space to store our bigger tools and still keeps them hidden away. After all the building portion was done, I gave it a fresh coat of paint and updated the door and drawer pulls. #BeforeandAfter
At a recent rummage sale I picked up two vintage bamboo rakes. Of course, Len asked me what I was going to do with them. My standard answer is ,"A project". So here the project is!
A floppy rose needing a trellis and some drain pipes I wanted covered gave me the opportunity to put those rakes to use. The first rake fit nicely into the rose pot and became its trellis. A pretty bird house added with twine gave the whole thing a little pizzazz. To camouflage some of the drain pipe on the other side of the garage, I tied the rake to the front and added another birdhouse.
Voila! I have garden accents that cost only three dollars (I already had the birdhouses) and make a nice display on either side of our garage. It doesn't get much easier than that!
Here's a simple and environmentally friendly way to get rid of them, and you probably have it in your frig right now. It's simple - beer. You have to use it in a special way. See how here: http://the2seasons.com/2012/06/05/lets-get-d...