If you are in need of new flooring but don't have much money to spend (or even if you do) then this fits the bill! I created this floor out of brown paper, Elmers glue, stain and
polyurethane. It was easy to do (albeit time consuming) and is very durable. This room is 10 X 12 and cost about $80, but future rooms will cost about $30 since I have plenty of leftover supplies. Click through to read the tutorial....http://www.domesticimperfection.com/2013/03/paper-bag-floors-a-tutorial/
Typical crazy weekend here...but come see this quick and simple way I took a new footlocker and made it look like its been around for years using some paint and a free graphic for Karen - The Graphics Fairy ! http://arttisbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/03/how...
Learn to make these cute mason jar twine holders. It's a great way to organize your craft room using items you already have (plus a few extras from the hardware store).
Update: I would like to address the two biggest questions I've received regarding this project:
Question #1. Where did I get the daisy lids? I have included three links on my blog where you can purchase them. One link takes you to gold ones, one takes you to silver ones, and another takes you to a link selling the lids with the jars. http://www.acasarella.net/2013/03/mason-jar-...
Question #2. Does the thread get tangled as you pull different strands through? So far the answer is no. And by "no" I mean that you can keep pulling strands through the lid and they all come out smoothly and uninterrupted. They do, however, seem to get twisted around one another. The twisting does not seem to be an impediment, though, as the strands still come through the holes just fine.
I don't know if this is because of the washers I put between each spool or if there's some other reason it's working for me, but I have almost completely unraveled a few of the spools in order to test it out. I hope it works as well for all of you!
Well, I think we all have at least one. I have two and another being promised to me. My mom's side of the family were the creative ones and their sewing machines were kept, passed down,
and treasured. Until me. It is time for an Antique Sewing Machine Makeover! I've been hiding that thing for 20 years and the hubby has threatened to throw it away on numerous occasions. Only room for one in the attic. During all the construction it got used as a work bench and a paint station. We were nearing Christmas and my son coming in from the Marines we rushed to put the house back to some sort of order. I was left with an extra piece to the puzzle and no place to fit in. Kind of felt sorry for it. It was time..something even if it was minor had to give it the ReLove it deserved. After all Aunt Rosie Saved up for a year to buy it. I could at least show it the respect it deserved.
I didn't have time to makeover the iron legs and I will get to caring for the rest of this soon but for now it says " I'm ReLoved" Aunt Rosie would be proud and I'll always look at it and chuckle about her stepping in the paint bucket when I was little.
I painted the top with Two coats of Raven Fat Paint. No sanding no priming. Let dry for about 2 hours. I then used a French Script stencil from http://www.wallmasque.com/. I used a spray adhesive to keep it in place and to help with bleed through I used my go to paint color in Fat Paint which is Grey Gull!
Then I let it dry for a few more hours..mainly because I had a million things to do, and did one coat of Fat wax. Fat wax is way easier than any other I have done. Wipe on with whatever you choose. A wax brush or a t-shirt..your call. wait 3-5 min and buff. Buff more and reapply to get more shine.
Then....I....that is it it was done! Woot Woot move on to the other messes in the house.