Had hunny drill holes in bottom of boots for drainage. Stuffed toes w/plastic shopping bags, Cut the fingers off leaky kitchen gloves (glad I had PINK) Tied bottom of gloves w/cable tie. Filled w/potting soil and dug up a couple of Impatiens that came up all by themselves from last year's flowers & plunked them in the boots. (glad they were Pink too) WOH LAH!!
After 7 years this wreath was starting to look a little bedraggled so she got all new flowers & a new 2 tone ribbon. But this time she wasn't feeling shy & demur. Noooo, NOT this lady!! She was ready to strut her stuff so she came out BRIGHT & BOLD!!
I've had 2 pieces of burlap for so long that I'm surprised it hadn't dry rotted!
With thanks to Colleen Jorgensen on her "How to make a fall mantle scarf from burlap"
9-4-12, I finally thought Ah Ha!! So I set out to try her idea. . . . . .
I used my rubber stamps and made my leaves and went around the edges w/Modge Podge (just like she said) so it wouldn't ravel. Then I meticulously cut 'n cut 'n cut lotsa leaves. Oh, and I hand painted the veins too!