We jumped this project after finding this playset on super sale. At this point I decided to put down sod before the weekend of thunderstorms come. We hope the rain will give us a good
start rooting the sod. The front part was ready for sod, but we are waiting to sod the back and underneath parts. Underneath we want to replace the wood blocks (placed by the playset installers) leveling the playset with concrete pavers. In the back we are grading down so the down hill slope continues to be more subtle yet enough for decent drainage. Then I will grade down an L piece where the slide comes out for additional play area and roomier slide landing. As for the empty part in the front with the sod? I'm thinking plastic kiddie swimming pool for this incoming hot summer. This area has me excited about other backyard improvements!
I love my terra cotta pots because of their color and texture. However, I noticed black mold on my table when I moved the plants to clean. I cleaned and disinfected the saucers, waited for them to completely dry, and hot glued glass beads (it's what I had on hand).
This is my soon-to-be in-shower window. This was the bathtub area, and we desire a shower larger than a bathroom stall. Two major problems. (1) Privacy! Even with the trees, if someone is walking or driving up the hill just through them, you can see in. (2) Summer heat makes that bathroom feel like an oven. We do not have resources to totally replace it, and we don't want to mess with the outside part of it. Ideas we thought about was building a glass block casing that would slide into
the existing casing and hope the "pocket" of air would help insulate during the summer. Not sure. Another idea that Mike had was to use foam insulation on the bottom 2 rows and we glass block the upper 2. I think the foam insulation would look tacky, especially come resale time many years down the road. Any advice or ideas to look into would be great. Other challenges: small budget, DIY preferred.
This is a simple wreath made from premade grapevine wreath (Wal-Mart), cotton taken from my parent's field (with permission of course!), some ribbon, and hot glue I removed the cotton so I would have the long stems. The stems are woven into the grapevine wreath, and this is all secured with hot glue.
I'm hunting for ideas and suggestions for this patch of grass between my driveway and porch. It gets mostly shade, tends to hold onto water (drainage?), and we usually walk where the stepping block is placed. I thought about a butterfly bush, but I am also concerned with it drawing bees since my son is allergic to the stings. Open to creativity and DIY!
A few months after living in our home, I noticed the hall toilet wasn't sealing correctly. My darling husband installed a new seal, but it continued to leak at the base. So, he removed
the toilet and brought home a new one. Same problem. Then I suggested we need to check the sub floor for rot and mildew. Good thing we looked! A few days later, my love brings home this fabulous marble sink and tells me to "decorate" the bathroom around it. Well, minus a few finishing details, here's what we have so far.
To simplify my fall decore, I'm tossing month specific items like turkeys and jack-o-laterns. Of course I give second changes. This is a jack-o-latern lamp from Wal-Mart. I removed the light hardware. This removed the cord issue. Then I printed a nice letter stencil and transferred it with a Sharpie to the back of the pumpkin. Most monogrammed pumpkins at the stores run about $30. This one was free!
After moving into our home over a year ago, we apparently lost the attachment that turns the crib into a toddler bed. She was already climbing out of her crib even after dropping the mattress to the floor. After taking down the former crib front, I was able to reuse the top piece for the side rail. No screws are poking through, the bed is stable, and my daughter's leg cannot get caught between the rail and mattress. The best part, she loves it. Now for ideas to repurpose the old crib front.