How to Make a Green House Terrarium Using Picture Frames

Say What?! Yes, I made this green house terrarium out of picture frames I bought at the dollar store, hot glue, and white duct tape.
I bought 8 lightweight picture frames; two 8X10's, two 5X7's, and four 4X6's.
I removed the glass and backing of the frames, and then spray painted them on both sides with Rustoleum semi-glass spray paint.
I then hot glued the glass back into place, and began constructing the greenhouse.
I hot glued the two 8X10's and two 5X7's together to create a box.
To create the roof, I glued the 4 X 6's to each other lengthwise. I then used white duct tape and Not hot glue on the center line. The duct tape will create a flexible edge which will allow for the roof top to fold over.
Lastly I hot glued the roof top to the box frame.
I placed a few little plants inside and placed it next to a sunny window.
If you need more information on this project, please visit my blog at the website below.
The Wicker House

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 5 questions
  • What was use for the bottom? Looks like another piece of glass? Where'd that come from?
  • Diana Caldwell Diana Caldwell on Jun 19, 2016
    Is there no glass on the ends off the roof?
  • Kem K Kem K on Jun 20, 2016
    Are the dimensions of your frames correct in the post? Given the sizes you've listed every place a frame joins another should be off by at least half an inch: 8 inch high sides joining to 7 inch high sides leaves an inch frameless and 10 inch length with two 6 inch frames glued together for the roof would leave an extra inch hanging off each end. Cute idea, but not clear on the dimensions.

Comments

2 of 49 comments
  • Cora Hordesky Cora Hordesky on Jun 18, 2016
    awesome but my dollar store frames do not have clear glass in them. It is greenish :(
  • Shweta Sharma Shweta Sharma on Jun 20, 2016
    Omg..this is so cool. I have never seen this type of creativity from the photo frames anywhere. You did a fabulous job. Thanks for inspiring!
Next