Tiffany Mitchell
Tiffany Mitchell
  • Lexington, KY

How to make your very own Cold Process soap!

Making your own soap is one of the most satisfying DIY projects you can do. It's healthy, it's luxurious, it's affordable, and homemade soaps make wonderful gifts! The "Cold Process" method of soap making starts with combining lye and water to create a "lye solution". The solution needs to drop below 125 degrees before mixing it with oils which results in a chemical reaction called "saponification",
A completed batch of Cold Process soap ready to cure!
The stages of soap mixing -- "reaching trace".
Poured soap ready to harden overnight before cutting!
Tiffany Mitchell

• Belle Torres

Where can I find your blog? Thanks for sharing your gift to all of us moms out there who are always finding ways to save on our tight budget...

• Buppa

I make 3-4 times, keep them 3 month.but the pH stil 10.So how reduce pH. Anyway I used them, I like them so mouch.
  • Shaley

I love making soap Hot Process and Cold Process (my Favorite). I have been making soap for 23 years. All kinds overs the years. My favorite is my detox soap for daily use. I make a special soap for eczema. Most recent a new friend using my formulated soap, is now free from the problems. She told her doctor and he said the soap was what is helping her, not the medicine due to being his patient for years with repeated prescriptions. I make it with carrot, turmeric, sesame oil and a few extra skin helpers for healing. and as always s mineral salts for detox.
    , CP soap Turmeric Carrot Eczema Soap