DIY Mounted Craft Paper Roll

This week I am excited to show you one of my newest DIY projects. Now, I have thought about this project for a while and had done some research, trying to find a good option. I found some mountings that I could have purchased raging anywhere form 50-250 dollars. Yikes, I did not want to do that. So I pulled out my trusty drawing pad and figured out a design that would work for me and set at it.
diy mounted craft paper roll, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
Things I needed:
1 by 6 wood
screws
screwdriver
white plaint
3/4 inch dowel 4 feet long
craft paper roll
1 1/4 inch drill bit
Since my paper was 3 feet wide, I measured my wood and added an inch to each side to make sure the paper had a little space, so I measured it at 38 inches. Then I cut the end pieces where the dowel will sit. I cut those at 7 inches. Like I said, I bought a larger roll, so I wanted to make the sides a little larger. You can customize to your desired measurements. You can also buy an 18-24 inches wide paper roll. The possibilities are endless.
So here are my end pieces. Lance measured and found the center of the wood. We then used 1 1/4 drill bit to drill a hole in the end pieces.
We also pre-drilled holes for the screws we were using to attach the pieces together..
Once the 3 pieces were screwed together, I painted it white. Duh. Then I made sure I found some studs in the wall to anchor into. We love our little stud finder. Sometimes it finds studs in the wall, sometimes it finds my husband:) You bet we never use it without making some silly joke.
Once it was up, all I had to do was add the butcher paper. I love using this! I can create fun artwork, tear a piece off to wrap up a present, make a fun grocery list, and on and on!
And that is it! To see more of this tutorial and more form my blog, go check it out!
Sara Syrett

• Sandra

Hubby did the same for me years ago for the paper towels in the kitchen, mounted under the cabinets over the sink, but he drilled a small hole through the wood supports and the pvc pipe that holds the roll to keep the holder stead with an inserted bit of wire. :)

• Charli R

Great idea!!