Seahawks Work Bench

This started off as a very mistreated Craftsman workbench & was transformed into a work of art!
My husband had been wanting to purchase a Craftsman workbench but they all seemed so overpriced at the stores so unbeknownst to him my kids & I decided to make it his Father's Day project. (in the end it may have been less expensive to purchase a new one but none of them come close to the end result of our project!)
We found this workbench @ a yardsale for $10!
After finding this little diamond in the rough we brought it home and promptly took it apart!
Time to take it all apart.
Everything was washed down and then the sanding began . . . .
Sanding, sanding, and more sanding.
Lots & lots of sanding . . .
Masking off for the trim work.
We added a new top to the workbench and the kids got busy masking it off to paint the trim.
Finishing the detailing of the backboard.
I found an awesome Seattle Seahawks stencil online and purchased some weatherized pegboard to use as the backboard to hang tools on. This took some time as I wanted to alternate the colors so we had quite a bit of masking off to do. But it was worth it!
Painting the screwheads to match the trim.
The pegboard was attached with weatherized wood trim that was painted to coordinate with the Seahawk colors. The board was screwed into 4x2's that we attached to the back for stability.
The finished product, w/signatures on front!
We added a nice long powerstrip for all sorts of tools & another shelf below to store those tools. We then added some floodlights & I even found a Seahawks clock that looks like a scoreboard so that was added to the top! We put rolling casters on the bottom so it can easily be moved around to wherever the project happens to be that needs work done. These kids of mine did a fantastic job & needless to say their dad was thrilled! It's a one of a kind creation & I could not be more proud of the work these kids of mine put into this project.

31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style