DIY Pallet Coffee Table

Recently I found myself in a bit of a bind. I had sold off our coffee and end tables a few weeks ago and didn’t realize how much of a staple in our living room they had become until they were gone! So one night after the kids were in bed & Eric had gone out fishing, I found myself in the garage breaking down pallets to make a coffee table.
I cut my pieces at a 45 degree angle to and secured them to my base using wood glue and a brad nailer. Once they were all in place I framed the table out to clean it up and give it a border and then stained it all using both Classic Grey and Provencial by Minwax. 4x4 posts were cut and secured to the bottom for legs.
I'm over the moon thrilled with the way it turned out! It's the perfect addition to our living room.
Head over to the blog for all the details and some more great photo's!

These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
Chandra | #Blessed

• Chris
    Chris

what is Provencial I would like to make the coffee table and can not find it in England is there anything else I could use
  • Pet31595985
    Pet31595985

Great job on the coffee table. Any tips on breaking up palette's?

• Stu
      Stu

I flip the pallet over and put the boards I want on the bottom. Put the pallet up on some blocks and make sure the board I want is clear of obstructions, then drop my ten lb sledge hammer on it next to where it is nailed to the cross beam. 8 out of 10 times it comes off clean. If it splits or cracks I try to save as much as I can or it becomes fire wood for my fire pit :)

• Tigdog
    Tigdog

Your table is awesome! Where did you get the gorgeous rug?