Textile Inspired Wall Hanging

A set of wall hangings embodying bright pops of colour and my love for textiles. Easy, quick and customizable!
textile inspired wall hanging, crafts, wall decor
I have a white room with white furniture and was looking for ways to add some colour to it. After a few minutes of Pinterest browsing I planned on making this wall hanging that embodies both elements of my work and my need for colour. My collection of craft materials is quiet huge, I often buy items that catch my fancy and aren’t too expensive even if I don’t plan to use them for the project in hand. So, gathering elements for the wall hanging was a breeze.
Elements:
Stocking cloth- 1 pack pink + 1 pack orange (often used for flower making)
Pom-poms- various sizes (similar found here)
Anchor thread/ embroidery thread (similar found here)
Wool yarn for knitted patch (tutorial for basic knitting)
Ric-rac ribbon
Printed fabric
Embroidered fabric scraps
Knitted fabric in pink
Three colour braids of knit fabric (how-to tshirt braid tutorial)
– Paint the second layer of acrylic paint. I used pearl finish paints for a slight shiny second layer.
– Let the second coat dry for about 15 minutes before the next step.
– This is how the canvas board looks after the two coats of paint (right picture).
The canvas is painted for two reasons- so that there is no whiteness below the stocking and the smaller blank areas between elements do not stand out in white.
– Start sticking down elements.
– Let the stocking fabric remain in place without pasting it.
– Next paste the flattest element like printed fabric and to for a tactile feature add pinched pleats while pasting. I used Fevicol for pasting the fabric.
– Make sure to spread the Fevicol thin because thicker Fevicol layer leaves prominent marks even after drying.
AKI 1 a.m.