DIY Fall Acorns

These Fall Acorns are completely customizable & made from materials you probably already have hidden away in storage!
diy fall acorns, crafts, seasonal holiday decor
Cooler weather is coming. I can feel it.
Finally my fall decor & recipes are being validated by the weather. Although I don't think the little Christmas tree with it's warm & sparkling twinkle lights I put up yesterday can be justified quite yet. But let's just keep that a secret for now.
With this being Roger's final year in dental school, & our last year living in the biggest city in Alabama, I know that a big move across states is just around the corner.
Although to be honest I'm not sure if a 2 & 1/2 hour drive constitutes a "big move," but for us it will be.
...
One of the things I have been doing to prepare for this move includes slowly going through everything we own to either donate, sell, throw away, or repurpose. And boy am I glad I started early!
Even though our home is small I am shocked by my own hoarding capabilities. We have so much random stuff! The truth is that I have such a hard time throwing things away, because...
To create my DIY Fall Acorns I painted old cheap plastic eggs, added twine & pinecone pieces to the top of each painted egg, along with a twig to act as the stem. You can read the rest of my post & see my step-by-step tutorial (including pictures) for these DIY FALL ACORNS by clicking here! Plus you can see how I added GLITTER!!
Then at Christmas time I turned my Fall Acorn decor into Christmas Ornaments!
Domestically Blissful