See More Here

$12.00

https://www.shabbypaints.com/shabby-paint-creations/

To see more: https://www.shabbypaints.com/shabby-paint-creations/

• Cheryl oconnor

Does this interfere with the temperature?

• Cheryl

Good question. I'm wondering the same thing. It probably would if air can't circulate around.

• Lee12063083

No

• Diane Goller

How do you keep it from shutting out the air?

• Pam

Yes! Your thermostat needs to be able to measure the air temperature to run properly.

• Johnna E. Nonboe

If covered it will measure the temperature of the wall, and that can be a rather expensive experience ...

• Linda Nadbrzuch

This would be a good suggestion for people that don't have air-conditioning in the summer. Just leave the center cover off in the winter or possibly use a very thin material on the center cover that would allow air to circulate through it.

• Lynn

The small pic doesn't encase the thermosta, it merely covers only the front panel. Ambient airflow is not impacted at all.
    • Marsha McConnell Crotts

Yes!!! Never cover your thermostat.

• Joe Jones

Lynn ambient air flow is restricted there’s a reason it’s placed as close to your return air as possible. It’s not advisable at all to cover even the front of your therm. There’s a reason the plastic locking covers have holes cut in them all around it

• Dena

Doesn't he thermostat need to be wide open so it can gauge the temperature of the house? Isn't it what determines when to turn the furnace/air conditioner on and off?

• Nancy Labanon

Yes it does need to be exposed! My husband is a N.A.T.E.certified HVAC tech and he says yes, it should not be covered in order to read the house temperature.

• Donna Marshall

It seems like as long as the sides of it were still open to room air it would be OK. There is no vent on the front of most. Just the touch screen for setting it.

• Susan

Anything that covers the thermostat in any way will impact it's function. Not a good idea here.
    • Lynn

The small pic doesn't encase the thermostat, it merely covers the front panel only. Ambient airflow is not impacted at all.
    • Flora Laron

I agree. It is better to leave it that way.
    • LINDA

Hmmmm my post disappeared...OH well...I am thinking now that the idea is planted ...why not get more creative for your home needs...How about a little chicken wire frame with a picture pinned to it to cover the thermostat face....or how about a small/med wreath with a large ribbon hanging over the face......I can keep going...but you get the idea...let's have fun...this is a cute idea...Thanks

• Kris Ward Lipps

I'm wondering if you could do this with the alarm box?
    • James Ashley Kinsaul

The problem there might be quick access to the keypad to turn off the alarm. Maybe a hinged picture like the ones used to cover a safe.

• Kris Ward Lipps

Fortunately I can access this with my phone. Thank you. Think I will give it a try:)

• Kim

You should NEVER cover up your thermostat. It needs to 'sense' the room temperature so it knows when to kick on your heat or air conditioner.

• Ida9464

I’m sure she has already figured out by now that her air or heat won’t function correctly by now. I agree though with wishing you could cover it as ours are super duper bright and light up the house with what’s probably a melatonin stealing keep you up at night light.