Crafts by Courtney
Crafts by Courtney
  • Morganton, NC

Simple DIY Dried Flower Arrangement

In the Spring I planted a limelight hydrangea in the yard. I just love it and wanted to save the flowers when they started to die out and use them for a DIY Dried Flower Arrangement in the house. I did one last year for my Fall home tour, but I never added any foam to the bottom and the flowers would fall out when I moved it.
simple diy dried flower arrangement, crafts
On a side note, I love old colanders, they are perfect for decorating around. I would be so excited if I ever found a light blue or mint colored one.
I removed all the leaves. When the flowers completely dry up the leaves start turning brown. So better to take them off now.
Now I’m ready to display! I played around with another colander I had and I like both looks.
Such a simple project to do, especially if you already have the flowers on hand.
Crafts by Courtney

• Cyndi Dimanno-Valentine

Hobby lobby sells blue and green metal colanders. Ur arrangements r gorgeous. Clip hobby lobbys coupon for 40% off and they will only cost u 4.00

• Sally

You could always spray the color you want then distress