Easy craft ideas for Christmas and Halloween

+9
I'll be visiting my 8 year old granddaughter. She loves crafts. I need some easy projects to do with her, like the Halloween plate. I'm doing that one for sure.
Kathy
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Sep 15, 2015
    I am assuming you are looking for ideas. My suggestion is go to the dollar stores. They have a lot of thing you and your granddaughter can do.
  • Ann Ann on Sep 15, 2015
    An oldie but goodie is wax paper layers with colorful fall leaves between then iron together. In a construction paper frame or even a Dollar Store frame these are very pretty. Pinterest has LOADS of ideas.
  • Dragonintheattic Dragonintheattic on Sep 15, 2015
    Have you ever tried salt dough? Should be a recipe on line. My Sparks group made Christmas ornaments using Christmas cookie cutters, then baking the salt dough cookies after a hole was made with a straw. After the ornaments were colored with markers by the children. Can be sealed if you like but not with water based sealer. Don't forget to add a ribbon for hanging.
  • Pam Walker Pam Walker on Sep 16, 2015
    Here's a few ideas. Hope these help. :)
  • Jean Thompson Jean Thompson on Sep 16, 2015
    Check out www.allfreekidscrafts.com for lots of kids crafting ideas ..
  • Jennie Herrick Jennie Herrick on Sep 16, 2015
    One thing I'll always remember that my Grandma used to do with us grandkids or for us grandkids if we didn't make it to her house before Halloween was that we used to make tootsie pop (dum dums work too) ghosts. They are super easy. Just wrap a Kleenex over the sucker and tape just below the "head" of your "ghost". Draw on some eyes and a circle mouth. You can be done there or do what my Grandma did and hang them from either s chandelier or when she had one, off the light fixture on a ceiling fan. Then you can always take a white tall kitchen garbage bag and draw a ghost and when you cut it out, add a spiral tail to it by cutting the tail in a continuous circle. When you hang these from a ceiling fan, they will move around and look like they are floating when the fan is turned on. Good Luck!! ~ Grammy Jennie
  • Z Z on Sep 16, 2015
    I don't care for Halloween, but I love Christmas and winter crafts in general. There's quite a few ideas right here on Hometalk. http://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=Children%27s%20Christmas%20crafts I also found some fun ones via a Google Image search when I saw #5. I've always wished I'd have had our children do this one every single year. Making sure to add a picture of the child on the back. http://worldinsidepictures.com/20-briliant-and-easy-christmas-craft-projects-for-kids/
  • Linda T Linda T on Sep 16, 2015
    If you are a neat painter, paint 'dinky' little faces, eyes, cheeks and a little mouth, on old fashioned clothes pins (in the UK, they were called 'dolly' pegs) then make yarn hair, and use scraps of fabric to make clothes. If you like angels, cut cardboard wings and cover with foil, or even craft feathers. I always try to make different era clothing, a flapper, Queen Elizabeth 1st (In regal velvet) a bride, and you can make men too since there are two legs for trousers. Most of the things, hair clothing and such, can be glued on. Another that's easy. Felt is very cheap and if you cut designs close together, you can get a lot of pieces from one sheet. Get dark green, cut simple triangles for Christmas trees, one upright, the next, upside down, so you have no waste. With fabric glue, (Tacky glue) stick two pieces together, leaving a hole at the bottom, big enough to stuff in one cotton ball. Seal it, then glue on a few sequins to look like glass balls. No sewing needed,
  • Ann Ann on Sep 17, 2015
    You could make applesauce and cinnamon ornaments for fall. Put a hole in them before you bake them so you can hang them up or use them as bowl fillers. They're easy to do with adult help and they smell heavenly.
  • HouseLogic.com HouseLogic.com on Sep 17, 2015
    We have some awesome ideas for Christmas. Check out these super easy DIY projects: http://goo.gl/15IHDy