Asked on Sep 15, 2015

Cover for wrought iron gazebo

RitaAnnDaniel James
+12

Any suggestions on what I should use to cover for shade? And how to do it, I'm just starting to do DIY.
    Janet Pizaro

Do you want to create an awning or replace the awning.

• Kemberly Boston
      Kemberly Boston

Not sure, I bought it like it is I was thinking something sheer, I'm not worried about rain just sun

Janet Pizaro

Ok easy fix do you know the name of the company the awning is from? I know for a fact replacements awnings are available.

• Kemberly Boston
    Kemberly Boston

Thanks again I live in Baja California and the iron work places here only do the iron work,no covers

Janet Pizaro

Ok still no issue measure the distance on the gazebo and if you cannot find a cover maybe make a shade canopy out of scrap fabric from a local discount store just make sur e the fabric is sun tolerant.

• Z
    Z

Kemberly, if you know how to sew you can fairly easily make a new cover for this. It's take some math for figuring yardage of course. Most stores that sell fabric, even some WM's, carry indoor outdoor fabrics. Some are better than others so I'd recommend going with a solid light color to avoid fading unless you go with a more expensive brand.

• Nikki
      Nikki

They just dont make them like your kind no more bless your heart i wish while my grandmother was still alive and able i was fully taught how to sew its something i really loved and now sadly miss dearly .

• E
    E

We have used shade canopies from Ikea this summer. They come in rectangular and triangle shapes and are about $20.00 USA each. No cutting or sewing!

• Denise
    Denise

Not sure about fading, but if you want low cost, use large size drop cloths. You can leave them natural, spray paint your own design, stencil, etc.

• Daniel James
    Daniel James

In my points of view you should use gazebo sun shade replacement fabric or sunshade canopy. I have seen one of my friends used sunshade fabric. They ordered that fabric at SunJoy Industries at a very affordable price. I hope it can help you.

• Ann
    Ann

I love the gazebo frame you have and I would totally tackle this as a sewing project. In the past I've made temporary (lasted 3 years) shade canopies from colorful sheets sprayed both sides with water repellent made for tents and camping gear. Not expensive to do and it gives you options while you are planning a permanent fix. You might also consider Ikea patio curtains gathered at the apex of your gazebo and then draped to the edges and trimmed. If you use the drop cloths the water repellent would work too. Good luck!

• Rita
    Rita

I ordered a sun shade off ebay. The price was very reasonable too. There was an aray of colors to choose from and shapes.