Jamie
Jamie
  • Brockway, PA

Simple Fall Centerpiece With Gourds, Squash, and Pumpkins

$10

This fall, I am focusing on a neutral color palette of greens and creams. Although it isn't the traditional shades we see in autumn, I find it very calming. Finding easy ways to decorate with nature and a few meaningful decorations has taken the stress out of figuring out what to put where in the house. To stick with my goal of a neutral, natural, and relaxing season, I put together a simple centerpiece for my dining room table.
decorating
simple fall centerpiece with gourds squash and pumpkins, dining room ideas, seasonal holiday decor
The centerpiece has been created by filling a reproduction dough bowl with squash, gourds, and pumpkins in shades of green and white.
It was really surprising to me to be able to find so many different and unique gourds recently at a farm market. I had never realized how many beautiful shapes and patterns you could find until I was looking just for a particular color.
In addition to the items I purchased at the farm market, I also tucked in some green oak leaves that I've collected and dried over the past few weeks. Some even still have acorns attached.
An arrangement like this is easy to create and cost less than $10 to put together (not including the price of the bowl which I already had.) It really was just a matter of arranging some of my most interesting produce in the bowl so that anyone sitting at the table can marvel at their beauty.
What are your thoughts on my green and white fall? I'd love to hear whether you are embracing a neutral fall this year or sticking with the normal colors of the season.
To see more about my centerpiece and find out all about my fall decor this year, please stop by my post at the link below. This centerpiece was part of the Fall at Home Blog Hop, so there are links to everyone's creative ideas for dressing your tables and mantels at this link.

Jamie