Pantry Organization: Food Storage Ideas

$35

My mission is to make over rooms in one month's time, with a budget of $100 or less. (You can learn more about the $100 Room Challenge, and see all the $100 Room Reveals I've completed, HERE).

While I love an organized pantry, sometimes the cost can be overwhelming! The typical food storage container costs between $10-20, so I had to figure out some MUCH cheaper alternatives. Here's what I did.

UPDATE: These budget-friendly pantry ideas made their way to the Rachael Ray show, pop on over to my blog (link at the bottom of this post) to see the segment!
Dollar store to the rescue! I found these orange plastic bins for, yes, one whole dollar each, but I wasn't necessarily going for orange in my pantry. Nothing a little spray paint and chalkboard tags can't take care of! (I did paint on a coat of Mod Podge, after the spray paint had dried, to prevent chipping.)
I had my bags of chips and pretzels stored in old boxes, which served its purpose, but didn't look super great. Amazon had this HUGE roll of paper that looks like weather wood, so I wrapped the boxes to create a completely different look (A shout-out to Lauren from Bless'er House for the inspiration!)

You can see the end result to this, and my segment with Rachael Ray HERE. I ended up spending a total of $35 on all my food storage. This is not the only time I have used dollar store bins though- You can check out what I did in my coat closet using the link below!

Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Erin

• Lucy Marie Bernier

$ Tree is the best! Let's hope they never find out the stuff they sell for a $!

• Joanie

Those buckets sold me, they actually look like metal!! Thank you and enjoy your organized pantry and mud room center.