Thrifty DIY Mudroom Reveal

We have been working hard on adding a mudroom, oversized two car garage and kitchen expansion and I can finally say the mudroom is complete! It's been a long year and a half of permit issues and set backs, but our hard work and patience paid off.
We lived with bare plywood floors for months while we were waiting to get signed off on the framing permit. It was a happy day once I got the go ahead to screw down the subfloor and lay inexpensive vinyl plank floors.
After painting the doors a deep gray and whitewashing the brick we finally installed the molding and were able to finish the space.
Lots of DIY projects finished off the space including pallet arrows, vintage inspired signs and a vaseline distressed memo board. You can find all the details and sources by following the blog link below.

Katie @ Little House of Four

• Cindy

How did you whitewash the bricks? I love that it's so muted and not "thick" or glossy - I have a huge fireplace that is brown brick and would look so good with this application-also is it waterproof? - could it be used for external bricks - have thought about the German "Smash" - or something like that-where they put on and scrape off mortar.