DIY Wood Clock

Have you ever thought about making your own clock? This is a project that I've been wanting to attempt and after making two clocks, the verdict is that a DIY wood clock is something that anyone can do.
I cut my own wood to make the clock, but you definitely could take a short-cut for this project by buying a pre-cut circle at a craft store. If you have a router, a circle cutting jig makes cutting perfect circles a breeze.
I used a stencil to trace numbers onto the clock and then used a wood burning kit to add the numbers. I had not used a wood burning tool since the 8th grade when my dad helped me to burn a horse's head onto the top of a foot stool that I made in shop class. (I still use the stool in my closet!)
Visit my blog for the step-by-step tutorial for making a wood clock.

Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Paula Skulina

• Kjhawkins

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but does the clock work well? Where do you find the clock apparatus that makes it work?

• Sarah

I saw the mechanism at Walmart this week, just have to buy battery. I hope this helps. I think it was 4.97

• Gail

I am about to make this thanks for the idea