Wall Clock Planter

Walking home from work a week ago I passed a house that was being gutted in preparation for remodelling. On a big pile of garbage was a funky reproduction wall clock. It was filthy dirty and had a few sharp nails sticking out here and there, but I saw the potential
It's fully modern and it's clockworks are the cheap plastic battery operated kind. But I loved it at first sight.
I scrubbed it down and gave it a couple of coats of homemade white chalkpaint
I like the traditional lines of the clock, but I wanted to add some depth so I played with round picture frames and wreaths around the clock face. The little grapevine wreath that I've used for several other projects was perfect.
I wanted a place to put plants. I tried different baskets and tins, but nothing looked quite right until I dragged out a roll of lace embellished burlap. It's a small plant space, but will lend itself to other uses. As I was finishing this piece I thought it be a wedding decor piece, and the burlap sac could be a place to deposit cards, or as home or garden decor, because the space is small flowers can be changed to add to seasonal decor.

Adventures In Junking

• Devra

Sooooooo cute!!!!
  • Jodi McManus

That is gorgeous, but I miss adventures in curbside shopping anyway so I'm browsing ideas before I go again. Might steal your burlap and lace idea for an antique window planter that doesn't work with any pots or tins so I display cases of plant cuttings taking root.