Brooke Bock
Brooke Bock
  • Tyrone, PA

Mummy Treat Cans From the Recycling Bin

My "possibilities" recycling can was getting full so I whipped up a couple quick fall decorations...
mummy treat cans from the recycling bin, crafts, halloween decorations, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
This little guy looks a little menacing but he is actually quite friendly...
I retrieved some clean cans from the bin. I did also use a few glass jars not shown.
A 50 cent drop cloth sheet from the thrift store was perfect for what I had in mind.
Rip one inch strips from the sheet. My strips were the full length of the sheet.
Use a hot glue gun to glue eyes on the can.
I started at the top back of the can and glued the end of the strip on,. Then I wrapped. I did add dots of glue along the top of the can, around the eyes and at the bottom. One of my sheet strips did the whole can. I glued the final end in place.
For some I used coffee stained strips. For basic coffee dying instructions, see post here:http://www.artisticendeavor101.blogspot.com/2014/08/coffee-stained-tagsa-diy-tutorial.html
You can change the whole look with smaller eyes or different shaped cans.
All ready for fall.... For a peek at how to create the pumpkin, check out the link: http://www.artisticendeavor101.blogspot.com/2015/08/workbench-wednesday-canning-lid-ring.html
Brooke Bock

• DaV1978871

Not a question, just a " Hi " . I lived in Tyrone 50+ years ago. The paper mill was still there. Lived over a little corner grocery store on Park Ave. That's all. Just ' Hi '.

• Brooke Bock

The paper mill is still here...probably smelling better than it did 50 years ago. I believe I know the location you mentioned on Park Avenue, though it is no longer a store.... I have been here for 25+ years and can't believe all the changes since we moved here... Best wishes to you!

• Melva Connell

That's so cool. Thanks Melva Connell Charlotte N.C

• Lori

These are very cute--I kinda like the guy with the big eyes and the coffee-stained wraps. This would be fun with kids/grandkids/scouts...Thank you!