Pamela Lee
Pamela Lee
  • Coeur D Alene, ID

Washing That Wool Rug

You may think this is silly. That's ok if you do. But I came up with an idea to easily wash any area rug-and it doesn't require a shampooer or taking it to the cleaners.
washing that wool rug, cleaning tips, reupholster
So, here's what came to me. I love that hose, bottle attachment that gardeners use for fertilizing or killing weeds. I have several. And one I use just for "shampooing" whatever needs a good cleaning." Simply fill with upholstery/carpet shampoo, hook it up to the hose, and spray down whatever needs cleaning.
Here's the easy part. Before spraying the soapy solution onto rug, I toss mine over the top of clothes line. You might have to lay over a fence, picnic table, collected chairs, etc. Once the shampoo has been applied, rinse well-and pray for no birdies to fly by. Oh well if they do. Try it again.
All sparkling clean and smells great. Washed easily, dried in the sun and autumn breeze. I do this once or twice a year. Three cheers for a cleaner house!!!

• Hannah V

Great tips!

• Terry Kelley

I appreciate your idea- I have rugs that I have been avoiding cleaning because I didn't want have to scrub with a brush all day... thanks!