Upcycled Antique Cot

$40.00

I bought this old cot at our local flea market for $20.00, and knew instantly what I was going to do with it. However the rusty old silver had to go.
I started by taking it apart and using a wire brush from the shed I scrubbed and scrapped all the rusty bits off.
Next it was off to the hardware store for paint. I bought 1 can of rust killer and 2 cans of high gloss black.
Its starting to take shape. Im just a little bit excited.
Ta da...
To dress up my new daybed/love seat I used items from around the house, items on their way to the op shop themselves.
For the seat I simply folded an old doona
(duvet) cover around an old self inflating camping mattress. Then added coordinating cushions, these were hidden in the linen cupboard from when I went through a green and brown stage in my loungeroom.

15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash

• JoAnn
    JoAnn

I love it! Great find. We don't get very many exciting things here 😳

• JoAnn
      JoAnn

I can imagine. I would have been jealous too! I will keep your upcycle and if I am lucky enough to make such a find I will give it my best to make one as beautiful as yours!

• Linda T
    Linda T

Brits.................. Also 'cot'.