Repurposed Windows Greenhouse

Did you know that old windows are just a greenhouse in disguise? It all started with three antique windows I picked up at a yard sale ...
Old wooden windows for our greenhouse.
Then, I started asking everyone for their old windows when they had them replaced. I saved the old door and window panels when we changed out our garage doors.
They piled up on a side deck under tarps. And then, one day, the building began! It was like doing a jig saw puzzle, making up the pieces as you go!
And, four days of building and lots of painting later, my dream of having a greenhouse came true!
Exterior: Repurposed Windows Greenhouse
Now we have an attached greenhouse that looks wonderful and is very functional for a fraction of what a commercial kit costs! Plus, we added cold frames on the front!
Interior: Repurposed Windows Greenhouse
And, those three antique windows are highlighted, one on each side of the greenhouse! Now I have a cozy home for my plants, wonderful light for watercolor painting and a new favorite coffee spot!
This process was more than a notion! To see all the steps in taking those old windows from discards to a dream come true, please click through to my article! Thanks so much! Barb

15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Get Ready For The Baseball Season With These Great Projects
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
Barb Rosen

• Laura Crognalo

How do you take care of the roof of it with it being flat and not at an arch. Does the water just sit in the pane areas? I t is beautiful!

• Barb Rosen

The angle of the shot makes it appear that the roof is flat, but it is not, Laura. Click through to see more pictures. The polycarbonate roofing is also grooved which helps the water run off quite nicely!

• Karen Hyde

I see you're in Delaware-does it stay warm in the winter?

• Barb Rosen

The greenhouse is attached to our home so it uses the heating/cooling system already in place. We do have cold temperatures during winter in Delaware and I have a back-up space heater in the greenhouse for when the temperatures go into the teens and 20's or below.

• Jeanne

the windows have to fit into something.. how does the framing go to put them in... thanks luv it..

• Deb Dickrell

absolutely love it. I have seen this idea where a couple made one side of their cabin all windows like this! Breathtaking view

• Barb Rosen

I saw that, too! Glad you like our repurposed windows greenhouse!