Pretty Yard Art With Liquid Chalk Markers

A pretty surprise for your garden or potted plants. Make with smooth river stones and liquid chalk markers!
pretty yard art with liquid chalk markers, crafts
I currently live in Maine. It is unofficially the land of fun shaped rocks. I find myself collecting them in buckets and baskets and leaving them about the RV, taking up room that we really don’t have.
So when I was presented with a box of brightly colored liquid chalk markers, I decided to create some rock art.
Begin by painting all of your rocks with the black acrylic paint. Granted, you can leave the rocks their original color, but I went with black for a great contrast with the liquid chalk markers.
Then start drawing away! Naturally, I went with paisley. Seems that I have a thing for both rocks and paisley.
I used florescent liquid chalk markers and the bright colors look amazing against the black.
For more details on this project and complete instructions, see my website!
Susan Myers

• Diana

How can I get my hands on some of these river rocks to paint? Have not found a resource anywhere! Have been looking for years!
  • Patti

What are liquid chalk markers? Thanks for sharing
    • Patti

Thank You Susan I'll look further. Should of done that before asking. Have a Great Day.
  • Heidi

Great idea! Do you seal the rocks with something after you're done decorating with the chalk markers? The chalk markers I have will erase and wash off like chalk does.

• Georgina

I love this. I am going to fill my fountain this winter this way and put it on my patio. How beautiful.

• Anna Ibarra

This is also great for find a rock. Place randomly your local city and some will find them. Post on your social network!