Great Home Painting
Great Home Painting
  • Morrisville, PA

Should You Replace or Paint Paneling?

So, you want to update a room with paneling but you just don't know... should you replace or paint paneling?
Many older homes in this our have at least one room that has paneled walls. Knotty Pine was quite the rage back in the 50's and 60's. Paneling presents quite a few issues when the time comes to make a change. Certainly changing from paneling's dark appearance can make a family room seem much larger
Painting the paneling is doable and certainly it will be quite a bit cheaper. Before painting however there is an item for discussion...those seams!

• Danielleluther

Can you tell me what color paint was use on the walls in this picture? I really like it!

• Tra4284349

What color is this room??

• Leeskid2

Yes, What color is this? The walls are so creamy and inviting! Awesome job! I have some of the old paneling in my living room and hope one day to be brave enough to paint it.

• Gloria,Francis

I have dark paning and want to do something with it. Help me

• Dana

What color did you use on the walls? Love it!
  • Asi33152766

I am going to do this! What is the color though. Brand?

• Rick Albarran

Looks very similar too the color my wife painted the paneling in our breezway. The color is called Plateau. Made by Behr.

• Susan N

My parents painted paneling in their office/tv room and it looked wonderful since the day it was finished. They also used a creamy white and the lines in the paneling make it interesting and unique. Seeing these "after" photos makes me want to put up paneling just so I can paint it!