Freezer Organization

Move a freezer shelf up for a narrow area to lay food flat to freeze and open a wider shelf below to store frozen food like books on a shelf. This saves freezer space and helps food defrost faster. I write the contents along the side as well.
Narrow shelf above to lay food flat. When it freezes I stack like books on wider shelf below.
I write in the white space and along the side to easily tell the chili from the pasta sauce.

Country Design Style-Jeanette

• Leah Schwarz

How do you freeze thing so flat?

• Shawna Bailey

I do this lay them on the bottom or that thin top shelf while they are freezing and then stand them up after they are frozen. It saves soo much space.

• Linda Sikut

I use a cookie sheet to freeze flat. I also use one with sides to freeze fresh picked berries. Then once they are frozen I put them in bags.

• JudyH

I use the cookie sheet to freeze bags flat. When the bags are frozen, I stand them up in a plastic bin and "file" them so I can flip through them. Sometimes I cut actual file folders to fit the width of my container, label the tab, and "index" the items in the container if you do not have a container filled with the same items. You can also made recycled tabs by cutting the cardboard of empty cereal boxes. Another organizational freezer idea I like to use for frozen vegetables is to pack a dinner in a bag: I fill pint size bags with fully cooked vegetables then put the pint bags inside a gallon bag to keep them together. Example: separate pints of squash, green beans, sweet potatoes in a gallon bag. Then on a busy night you can grab the gallon bag, thaw pints in microwave, and serve your two veggies and a starch in minutes.
  • Julia Walsh

where do you get the shelf liners?
    • Kim Kennedy

Many stores like fred meyer, lowes,
      Crafts stores like joann fabric, crafi warehouse.
      You may find something else that you like and can find a way to us e it instead. Good luck
      Myself there are lots of ideas i find but since i live in an apartment i have to look for ways to use them
    • JudyH

You can also use plastic placemats. Definitely areas and also keeps sticky stuff off your glass shelves! Much easier to pop the placemats in your sink filled with hot saopy water and wash them instead of trying to scrub goop off frig shelves.
  • Paula Weaver

Kinda off main subject but the light makes your cabinets show up a very pretty light color looks green with something to it. Is it just the lighting or is this the color you painted if so would you mind telling me the brand and color. I love this color and have been trying to find it to paint bathroom. Please and TY for your help.

• Joanie

We ground up our own pork and beef. We made Italian sausage, breakfast sausage and ground beef. I bought the right size freezer bags and loaded them to what I wanted in each bag. I flattened each one, took out air and zipped to closing. I stacked them neatly in my freezers. It saves a TON of space. I seen this technique on You Tube. It is great!!

• Jeannette Cluck

flattening Hamburg out like this to freeze allows the hamburger to thaw faster when needed