DIY Two Tone Staircase

Do you want to give your staircase a makeover? Love the combination of white and dark stained timber?
Then read on …. this is the story of how I transformed a pure white dirt attracting staircase into an elegant two tone staircase.
Here's the end result which is very different from the before photo.
When I bought my house every floor surface including the stairs was painted white. Whilst the white made the house look bright and airy, it was a magnet for dirt and scuff marks especially when you add two teenagers and a black schnoodle into the equation. So here’s what my stairs looked like before.
The thing about sanding back a painted surface is you don’t know what’s underneath. In our case, the bottom section of stairs were hardwood, the top section of stairs were pine and the landing was MDF (fibreboard). Thankfully we had used a professional sanding company (Awesome Timber Floors) to sand back our entire upstairs floor area and the staircase. They replaced the MDF with hardwood timber boards, then stained all of the 3 different timber species so they would match as closely as possible. This was a much more affordable option than replacing the entire staircase.
Then came the fun part - masking and taping. It was time consuming but the result was worth the effort.
CLICK LINK BELOW to read the full post.

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
DIY Decorator