Quick and Easy Upcycle - Bed Spring and Insulator Votive

I used rusty bed springs from a friend's back yard and an aqua glass insulator from my garage to create these cute little votive holders for a candlelit Valentine Party. See more of the decor here: http://oldewindmillfarm.blogspot.com/2013/02/valentine-party-2013.html
quick and easy upcycle bed spring and insulator votive, repurposing upcycling
Rachel @ The Olde Farmhouse...

• Sue hanson

where to buy old bed springs

• Rachel

Maybe try etsy? I've never seen them for sale that I can recall. They're often found in scrap metal yards or behind old sheds in rural areas. Good luck! Retrieving them isn't for the faint of heart. :)

• MK McDonald

Yep, I agree Rachel. Just check to be sure you have wire cutters with you wherever you go. (Somehow that didn't sound good😜)

• Stephanie Rae

What did you cut it with?

• Carolyne Livingston

Did you half to cut some of the bed spring off

• @Carolyne Livingston Yes, I did. The springs started getting wider at a certain point and I cut them at that point. I used pliers, then, to open the spring a little to accept the insulator. Does that answer your question?